Break updating MT4

pippo

Hi all,

I have a problem with MetaTrader 4, each time I open it it want install an update, this is a problem for me because I have some script who uses some dll and I must not update it. For each open windows ask me if I want take the permission at MT4 to do some modify, this problem exist because I use MT4 with other software on my server and MT4 is opened about 10000 time in one day and the system can't open 10000 advisce to ask me for an update.

Somebody can help me to disable this automatic update?

I searched in windows control panel and option of mt4 but I have not found solutions, for me is good if I must write some row in batch file, now I do starting mt4 by a batch file.

Thanks

antimetro:

Hi all,

I have a problem with MetaTrader 4, each time I open it it want install an update, this is a problem for me because I have some script who uses some dll and I must not update it. For each open windows ask me if I want take the permission at MT4 to do some modify, this problem exist because I use MT4 with other software on my server and MT4 is opened about 10000 time in one day and the system can't open 10000 advisce to ask me for an update.

I searched in windows control panel and option of mt4 but I have not found solutions, for me is good if I must write some row in batch file, now I do starting mt4 by a batch file.

Thanks

You can't disable MT4 automatic update. You have to adapt your existing code.

antimetro:

I think if MT is not updated it will not make trades via script or Ea within MT, even if signals are received from undependable dll.

I must not do trades, I use MT4 to upload all the history of some account, around 200 for now. I am a programmer and I have do a software to control all account but it does not trades.

If there is not a system to break this I will search a system to close this window by bach file.

It is very strange who MetaQuote don't allow to break the update.

Thanks at everybody

antimetro:

I must not do trades, I use MT4 to upload all the history of some account, around 200 for now. I am a programmer and I have do a software to control all account but it does not trades.

If there is not a system to break this I will search a system to close this window by bach file.

It is very strange who MetaQuote don't allow to break the update.

Thanks at everybody

Actually, there is a way to break the update. But, when you stop updating and then broker updates, you will be left by yourself at that time.

Remember, you are the client and broker is the master. You follow broker, not broker follow you.

Hi,

you can stop updating by using batch file with delete command. Create batch file with loop. keep it in start up folder. It will run continuously delete it.

antimetro:

Hi all,

Thanks

If the .dll is part of MT4 why dont you just make a copy of the .dll rename it so it wont be changed by an update and direct your script to use the renamed version and then fix your setup. Opening MT4 ten thousand times a day is very inefficient.

And also cpu power wasting.
Reason: