What is where it happems: Access violation read to 0x0ABB5000 in 'C:\Users\cas\Documents\MT4\mt1\MQL4\Experts\myEA.ex4'

Hi,my EA stops after

2014.03.25 12:04:50.800 Access violation read to 0x0ABB5000 in 'C:\Users\cas\Documents\MT4\mt1\MQL4\Experts\myEA.ex4'

This EA is installed by a script 8 times. 7 time without any problem but the last crashes with the a.m. error (no line??)

It reads it parameters from an csv-file and is uses global variables and I placed my Print("ERROR in ",__LINE__); around all these calls but it happens after that??

Anybody with a hint what to do and when and why this happens?

Thanks Gooly

the 7 times without any problem might be before B625 ?

Now I have a hint what and where it happened, but I can't reproduce it.

The EA crashed at this line:

ChartSymbol(GlobalVariableGet( MyGlobVar ))

And the MyGlobVar has got a 4 - not an iD of a chart due to a change of my concept..

I played with various type casts and others but now I can't reproduce the error, I now only know where it has happened.

Gooly

i don't understand how do you wanna play it ?

GlobalVariableGet is a double and ChartSymbol requires a long

Well I need to communicate the ChartID between different Charts!

And Globalvariables are the easiest way and I have used that before 500 without any problem.

Finally I did not expect the ChartID to be close to the highest possible long-value (8 bytes) while we only can open not more than 100 (in words one hunderd) charts!

i don't get it you said and i quote "I have used that before 500 without any problem"

really ?

have you used ChartID in B500 >

gooly:

Well I need to communicate the ChartID between different Charts!

And Globalvariables are the easiest way and I have used that before 500 without any problem.

Finally I did not expect the ChartID to be close to the highest possible long-value (8 bytes) while we only can open not more than 100 (in words one hunderd) charts!

Except there is no ChartID before build 500 (or 509).

angevoyageur:
Except there is no ChartID before build 500 (or 509).

Yes, but GlobalVars!!

And datetime was not 8 byte long so they could be saved as double

gooly:

Yes, but GlobalVars!!

And datetime was not 8 byte long so they could be saved as double

You avoid the discussion, you were talking about ChartID.

No problem with datetime.

Reason: