Multi-currency backtesting

I had read that multi-currency back-testing was not possible on MT4 so I tried to translate my currency to mql5, it was an interesting process however, mid way I found out that hedging was not allowed due to some sort of NFA change in regulations, I'm in the UK so this doesn't really apply to me and so I decided to come back to mql4.

OOP sounds interesting and all, but I have already built this EA and I wanted to take it to a multi-currency, I also heard that the back-testing can have more significant inaccuracies in mt5 (the multi-currency back-testing that is) however, I'm not sure if this is true on all timeframes.

Is there anyway to use a multi-currency back-test on MT4, is there a modified MT4 program that allows for this?

why not to do it in mt5 with a broker that allow hedging

B.T.W. this regulations is applied since May 15th 2009

qjol:

why not to do it in mt5 with a broker that allow hedging

B.T.W. this regulations is applied since May 15th 2009

MT5 itself does not allow hedging to be coded into the EA.

Would really help to get some info on this.

The only thing I can think of is using moving averages with period=1 and shift =0 then trading on that, but even then due to the buffer limit an absolute maximum of three instruments can be traded at once. On second thoughts, with my EA this isn't even possible without some annoying calculations.

if you wanna test only crosses (not majors, or anything else) i have a solution

MetaNt:

Is there anyway to use a multi-currency back-test on MT4,
is there a modified MT4 program that allows for this?

1.- MT4 uses the windows kernel and dll s, you can do anything.

2.- Modified are all, MT3 than MT4 than MT5, maybe MT6 will exist in the future, but I have doubt that there can be modified high-level programming languages from MT4 (or any) which will allow you to do exactly what you want or to have result by a imagined project-structure.

By my opinion is like discussion on Windows when Linux user would tell "I am using real OS!", or C programmer would tell to Forth programmer that C is easier and more complete while in Forth you can do same thing with 10 times less lines of code.

Basis is if you do your own functions, you can do it. My opinion is there is nothing ready.

rfb:

1.- MT4 uses the windows kernel and dll s, you can do anything.

2.- Modified are all, MT3 than MT4 than MT5, maybe MT6 will exist in the future, but I have doubt that there can be modified high-level programming languages from MT4 (or any) which will allow you to do exactly what you want or to have result by a imagined project-structure.

By my opinion is like discussion on Windows when Linux user would tell "I am using real OS!", or C programmer would tell to Forth programmer that C is easier and more complete while in Forth you can do same thing with 10 times less lines of code.

Basis is if you do your own functions, you can do it. My opinion is there is nothing ready.

Does MT3 allow for multi-currency back-testing?

I don't have the programming prowess to alter the MT4 client as of yet, and I wanted to run this backtest before delving deeper into MQL4/5.

MetaNt:

Does MT3 allow for multi-currency back-testing?

I don't have the programming prowess to alter the MT4 client as of yet, and I wanted to run this backtest before delving deeper into MQL4/5.

MT3 is dead long time ago.

You can't legally alter MT4 client, even if you have the technical skills.

angevoyageur:

MT3 is dead long time ago.

You can't legally alter MT4 client, even if you have the technical skills.

It's illegal to alter or illegal to alter and distribute?

MetaNt:

It's illegal to alter or illegal to alter and distribute?

i don't know in what country you leave but i'm sure that there is a few countries that's legal find yourself one to live in LOL
Reason: