Install all files and folders into the Metatrader installation directory (instead of Roaming folder) on Windows 8.1

Hi Coders!

I used Windows 7 x64. I installed the MetaTrader-s to the Y:\ drive. All Data and config folders installed to the installation directory without portable mode. There were no directories or files placed to the Roamin folder. This was great.

I changed the operating system to Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64. And now, I can not reach the same way.

I disabled the UAC. I added full control permissions to the Y:\ drive. And I installed the MetaTrader as administrator. But the data folder always placed to the Roaming folder.

I tried to use the /portable option. At this way the MQL4 folder stayed in the MetaTrader installation folder. But the config folder placed into the Roaming.

So, the question is: Is there any way in Windows 8.1 to install all files to the MetaTrader installation folder?

Thank you in advance.

Relative

Relative:

Hi Coders!

I used Windows 7 x64. I installed the MetaTrader-s to the Y:\ drive. All Data and config folders installed to the installation directory without portable mode. There were no directories or files placed to the Roamin folder. This was great.

I changed the operating system to Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64. And now, I can not reach the same way.

I disabled the UAC. I added full control permissions to the Y:\ drive. And I installed the MetaTrader as administrator. But the data folder always placed to the Roaming folder.

I tried to use the /portable option. At this way the MQL4 folder stayed in the MetaTrader installation folder. But the config folder placed into the Roaming.

So, the question is: Is there any way in Windows 8.1 to install all files to the MetaTrader installation folder?

Thank you in advance.

Relative

How do you know that MT4 terminal use the config folder placed into the Roaming ?

angevoyageur:
How do you know that MT4 terminal use the config folder placed into the Roaming ?

I ran the MetaEditor and it didn't use my own config settings stored in the installation directory.

But you are right! I realized, I have to run the MetaEditor with /portable parameter too.

Thank you for your food for thought.

Otherwise, Is there any way to use the MetaTrader without portable mode, that use the installation directory for data files on Windows 8.1?

Relative:

I ran the MetaEditor and it didn't use my own config settings stored in the installation directory.

But you are right! I realized, I have to run the MetaEditor with /portable parameter too.

Thank you for your food for thought.

Otherwise, Is there any way to use the MetaTrader without portable mode, that use the installation directory for data files on Windows 8.1?

No, that's what portable mode is intended for. Why do you want an other way ?

angevoyageur:
No, that's what portable mode is intended for. Why do you want an other way ?

I use lot of MetaTraders and sometimes I execute directly the terminal.exe, not the shortcut icon. It would be easier.

Relative:

I use lot of MetaTraders and sometimes I execute directly the terminal.exe, not the shortcut icon. It would be easier.
You can create a shortcut directly in the terminal directory.
Reason: