MetaTrader 4 Platform Update build 625: Magazines in MetaTrader Market and New MetaViewer - page 9

ankitag2010:

Yes, it was all working fine before update.

Restarted the computer also.I have avast antivirus installed.

I had same problem.

I uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection then MT4 Build 625 works fine.

Disabling Symantec Endpoint Protection didn't work for using MT4 terminal.

k-miyoshi:

I had same problem.

I uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection then MT4 Build 625 works fine.

Disabling Symantec Endpoint Protection didn't work for using MT4 terminal.

Can't we just add an exception to Symantec Endpoint Protection?

deysmacro:

Just reinstall.

Everytime i reinstall, it creates another user folder. Any idea how do i point it to the old user folder?

williamwong:

Everytime i reinstall, it creates another user folder. Any idea how do i point it to the old user folder?
You can't.

See this article Data Structure in MetaTrader 4 Build 600 and Higher

I used to be able to declare static variable inside a class

class A

{

static double xxx;

};

I read about the new compiler:

1. MQL4: The compiler requires explicit placement of static class variables in the new version

I also read in the help:

"The inability to declare static members of a class would have led to the need to declare these data on the the global level of the program"

but the example in the help seems to conflict:

class CParser
{
public:
static int s_words;
static int s_symbols;
//--- Constructor and destructor
Parser(void);
~Parser(void){};
};
//--- Initialization of static members of the Parser class at the global level
int CParser::s_words=0;

int CParser::s_symbols=0;

so what is the new syntax? As I am getting unsolved static variables.

alexvd:

We are investigating all similar issues now. Please wait for a while.

I think when the terminal is being updated, they click on the icon to launch it.

The reason is that, when the terminal is an old build, say build 600, when we click the icon to launch the terminal, the terminal will launch, after few seconds later, it suddenly closed.

And here we thought that the terminal is accidentally closed. Then we click the icon again while at the same time the terminal is being updated. If you are not lucky, the updating procedure might have been incomplete or in premature state being opened.

Therefore, the best way is, bring back the prompt saying that the terminal would be updated when you click OK, instead of just auto update without any user intervention.

Last time the problem like this is very minimal, but when MetaQuotes decides to remove the update notification prompt, you are seeing many small problems.

Just a thought here. :)

williamwong:

I used to be able to declare static variable inside a class

class A

{

static double xxx;

};

I read about the new compiler:

1. MQL4: The compiler requires explicit placement of static class variables in the new version

I also read in the help:

"The inability to declare static members of a class would have led to the need to declare these data on the the global level of the program"

but the example in the help seems to conflict:

class CParser
{
public:
static int s_words;
static int s_symbols;
//--- Constructor and destructor
Parser(void);
~Parser(void){};
};
//--- Initialization of static members of the Parser class at the global level
int CParser::s_words=0;

int CParser::s_symbols=0;

so what is the new syntax? As I am getting unsolved static variables.

class A
  {
   static double     xxx;
  };
double A::xxx=0.0;

Today MT4 updated to buld 625 and now cannot load my expert advisor on the chart. checked the expert log getting this error

memory handler cannot allocate 4294967295 bytes of memory, and on expert tab error cannot load c:\program files\meta trader\mql4\experts\EA.ex4 .

Is there anyway I can go back to build 610? EA was working fine build 610, not working on 625,, please advise

thank you

Why are you trying to allocate 4 GB?

I did not allocate any memory its doing it by itself Cannot load EA on charts with this new 625 build iv class="fquote">WHRoeder:
Why are you trying to allocate 4 GB?
Reason: