Common Strategy Tester Problem - (name of EA): inputs (specified)

Hello,

I have a problem with Strategy Tester (MT4 build 509). It seems to be common because I found couple of threads regarding this issue, but none of them got proper answer.

Error

I tried everything except reinstalling MT4, but I would rather not to do it because of new version 600+

I don`t thing it is matter of data quality, because I erased it and imported once more. There is also no bug in the code. Settings are good as well.

Could you please advise what would be the reason of such error?

Kind regards,

Chris

Chris1303:

Hello,

I have a problem with Strategy Tester (MT4 build 509). It seems to be common because I found couple of threads regarding this issue, but none of them got proper answer.

I tried everything except reinstalling MT4, but I would rather not to do it because of new version 600+

I don`t thing it is matter of data quality, because I erased it and imported once more. There is also no bug in the code. Settings are good as well.

Could you please advise what would be the reason of such error?

Kind regards,

Chris

It helps us to answer if you actually tell us what the problem is :(

Chris1303: Could you please advise what would be the reason of such error?
You haven't shown an error nor stated a problem.

I have pasted an error that I see in Journal of Strategy Tester. I think it should be visible:) While I`m trying to backtest EA, it stops half way then I see above pasted error in Journal. Simply name of the EA and its settings. Do you know something about it?

Chris1303:
I have pasted an error that I see in Journal of Strategy Tester. I think it should be visible:) While I`m trying to backtest EA, it stops half way then I see above pasted error in Journal. Simply name of the EA and its settings. Do you know something about it?

That is not an error, it is just information about the EA and settings.

Yes I know, but that is the cause I cannot perform a backtest of an EA. I had not have problems with Strategy Tester before. Now I only see such info in the Journal and the result - backtesting stops half way. I mean Strategy Tester starts backtest, but stops, nothing happening. If there is something I should describe more clearly please let me know.

Maybe you could try it with one of the sample EAs that come with MT4

If that works, then you will know that there is a problem with the EA, possibly an endless loop.

Did you code the EA yourself?

I`ve been using Strategy Tester for quite some time and testes lots of EAs. Never had such problem. My other EAs are working fine. I can backtest them with no problem.

No, I didn`t code this EA, unfortunately I`m not a coder.

Honestly speaking I solved every problem with Strategy Tester by erasing history files. Not this time.

So you suggest it is matter of EA. The thing is that friend of mine is testing the same EA with exactly the same settings on equal version of MT4 and he has no problems with backtesting. So I suppose it is a tiny thing that escaped my notice.

You are not giving us enough information for us to help you.

Probably, it is better that you contact the author of the EA and explain your problem.

I simply don`t know what should be added. But I think you are right, I will try to ask the author of this EA.

Thanks

I see the problem now:) I know that there are known problems with new MT4 build 600+ and most .dll based EAs are not working. Honestly speaking I thought that I`m still working on build 509. Unfortunately it is build 610. That is the problem. Do you know maybe if MetaQuotes released some program that adjust old EAs to new version? Imagine that now millions of EAs must be recoded by its authors.
Reason: