I'm Fade up from Meta Quotes updates????????????????? - page 2

The last thing I expect this answer by this way of worlds .. and as i said before if you go through this mistakes like all big nations before in all history comes time to fall down and the make like history .. So if you think with your bugs I have to accept it you have to be sure that your work is too bad and unprofessional .. If there isn't some one responsible can answer with logic of keep our client satisfy from the solution .. don't expect that those people will continue for ever.. I need to go back to the last version any solution for that.. and I remove the meta trader from meta quotes from my lap and never i'll put it in any of my pcs

Can Any one tell me to get the last version build 610 .. I removed the meta trader from meta quotes and I remove some of meta trader from another broker and I reinstall the other one but i update it self again to the worst version I ever seen build 616 .. and as you see from the bad answer I mistake I made, I had a meta quotes copy of there meta trader and i was installed and I discovered that make a permission to update all the platform without any permission from me. Any one had experience can help me please I'll wait..

You can remove or not remove but i fix the problem without make the AV agree to this issue وما طار و طير وارتفع الا كما طار وقع

golden4x the root of the problem is BitDefender. It's not working properly. The energy you are wasting here, would be better directed at BitDefender whitelist page, getting them to fix their signatures.

As I suspect that advice is falling on deaf ears,, you can get 610 here . When you install it, do not select - Launch at start up. Before you startup I suspect you will have to implement some firewall rules, to block updates.

Alternatively I think if you download a branded setup file from a broker, it should not upgrade, as they currently will not have anything later than 610.

However, it just looks like you are 'digging you heels in' for no good reason, because you think Bitdefender can do no wrong. it's your time I guess!

[ Ignore this my PC playing up -> EDIT: I just tested this again and, I'm pretty sure the upgrade bypassed the Windows UAC control, which it never did before. Now that is more than a little naughty by MQ if that is the case! ]

[ EDIT2: Firefox also does this, so it's in good company :) ]

It cannot bypass UAC control if you install it in program files and use a user level windows account. I have several different versions, 509, 610, 614 and 616. When they try to update UAC stops them and asks me to give permission by entering my administrator password. If I dont give my permission they dont update.

Yes I'm an admin (looks sheepishly on the floor), day job would be too painful if I wasn't (tried it a few times in the past, but may give it another spin one day now that more enterprise application clients are following MS standards!) I do use NoScript though !

ydrol:

[ EDIT2: Firefox also does this, so it's in good company :) ]

(Firefox and Chrome do it by installing services, and having the update process routed via those. I can't see that MT4 does anything similar, and therefore I can't see any way that it could update files in a restricted area without invoking a UAC prompt. I certainly haven't seen MT4 manage to do an update of a restricted installation area without invoking UAC.)

ooo running admin xp style huh ... thats living on the edge !! Yeah its different when you operate as a standard user, but after a while it just becomes routine to enter admin passwords. Ive been doing it for years now.

ydrol:

BitDefender false positive Check link. (scan of metaeditor.exe) Plenty of other AV happy. Who is to blame then?

Do what I did with Avira: Tell them it's a false positive and send them the file:

A little movement of my hands around the google glas-bowl gave me this link: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=138

angevoyageur:

You can argue if you wish, but build 616 can ONLY be obtained from Metaquotes server, not from broker at this moment. If you have 10 platform and you connect only 1 to Metaquotes Server, then all 10 platforms will be updated.

Anyway, your problem is caused by your antivirus, you can configure an exception for MT4 within BitDefender.

Here is a page which led you start your email-prg to send s.th. to all virus-protectors.

Might be a good idea for a new version of the editor, treminal, dll, ....

http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-report-malware-or-false-positives-multiple-antivirus-vendors.htm

Gooly

Reason: