Backtesting Help

Have metatrader 4 and an EA. Performed some backtesting and everything looked great. I then updated to the newest version of metatrader and did the history downloads and again performed some backtesting. Results terrible. When backtesting ea originally had not downloaded history but could see all reults reports and chart showing the trades at various times. I couldn't have been looking at fake data originally. has my downloads affected my EA (MQL4)? HELP!

kstevens1965: Have metatrader 4 and an EA. Performed some backtesting and everything looked great. I then updated to the newest version of metatrader and did the history downloads and again performed some backtesting. Results terrible. When backtesting ea originally had not downloaded history but could see all reults reports and chart showing the trades at various times. I couldn't have been looking at fake data originally. has my downloads affected my EA (MQL4)? HELP!

This is a common issue usually related to the data.

Verify the integrity of the data you're using.

I did testing a few weeks ago to find out if the new MT4 backtester gives the same results as the old MT4 back tester. When the chart data was not identical the results were different. When the chart history data was identical the backtest results were identical.

Reason: