Critical! FileReadString Error in Build 613

Critical Bug!

FileReadString couldn't return correct result in Build 613.

I lost many profit!!!!!

asmywish:

Critical Bug!

FileReadString couldn't return correct result in Build 613.

I lost many profit!!!!!

Please post compilable test code which reproduces the issue so others can reproduce the issue.

Build 613?!

I upgraded MT4 terminal to latest build 613, then my EA got wrong result from FileReadString function.

After many test, I found if using '\t' as the delimiter, FileReadString always returns empty string,

but if using ',' or ';', FileReadString returns correct result.

asmywish:

I upgraded MT4 terminal to latest build 613, then my EA got wrong result from FileReadString function.

After many test, I found if using '\t' as the delimiter, FileReadString always returns empty string,

but if using ',' or ';', FileReadString returns correct result.

Metaquotes test server update is not an official release, please don't use it unless you want to be a beta tester.

Source code see below.

The log file:

2014.02.28 14:19 test 984.29

The result:

angevoyageur:
Metaquotes test server update is not an official release, please don't use it unless you want to be a beta tester.

MT4 terminal Build 613 upgraded from Alpari UK

NOTE: asymwish, you should paste a code with SRC button in toolbar, just edit and remove a code, and paste it again with SRC button please.

asmywish:

Really it? I connected AlpariUK-Demo-Pro but 613 was not downloaded.

I'm asking this because MT4 update uses same shared directory %APPDATA%\MetaQuotes\WebInstall,

so if you connecting to demo.metaquotes.net:444 with another terminal, even if AlpariUK does not provide update, the terminal will be updated.

EDIT:

To see whether Alapri UK did provide update 613 or not, open data folder of the terminal, and open logs/20140228.log, finally you find (or not) the following log:

15:48:21.089 MetaTrader 4 build 610 started (MetaQuotes Software Corp.)
15:48:21.089 Data Folder: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\<LONG_UNIQUE_ID>
15:48:25.826 '2808': login
15:48:26.247 LiveUpdate: new version 4.00 build 613 is available   <---- HERE the log you should find

If found, you should ask Alpari UK to why provide update 613 as a release version. Maybe Alpari's mistake.

#property copyright "Copyright 2014"
#property link      ""
#property version   "1.00"
#property strict
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//| Script program start function                                    |
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
void OnStart() {
  WriteLog();
  ReadLog(); 
}

void WriteLog() {
  string log_file_name = (string)AccountNumber() + "-AccountEquity.log";
  int handle = FileOpen(log_file_name, FILE_ANSI|FILE_CSV|FILE_WRITE, '\t');
  if (handle > 0) {
    FileWrite(handle, TimeToStr(TimeCurrent()), "test", DoubleToStr(AccountEquity(), 2));
    FileClose(handle);
    Print("Done");
  }
}

void ReadLog() {
  string log_file_name = (string)AccountNumber() + "-AccountEquity.log";
  int handle = FileOpen(log_file_name, FILE_ANSI|FILE_CSV|FILE_READ, '\t');
  if(handle > 0) {
    if (!FileIsEnding(handle)) {
      string update_time = FileReadString(handle);
Print("update_time=",update_time);
    }
  }
}

micclly:

NOTE: asymwish, you should paste a code with SRC button in toolbar, just edit and remove a code, and paste it again with SRC button please.

Really it? I connected AlpariUK-Demo-Pro but 613 was not downloaded.

I'm asking this because MT4 update uses same shared directory %APPDATA%\MetaQuotes\WebInstall,

so if you connecting to demo.metaquotes.net:444 with another terminal, even if AlpariUK does not provide update, the terminal will be updated.

EDIT:

To see whether Alapri UK did provide update 613 or not, open data folder of the terminal, and open logs/20140228.log, finally you find (or not) the following log:

If found, you should ask Alpari UK to why provide update 613 as a release version. Maybe Alpari's mistake.

Not only Alpari UK, but also FXOpen, Armada, FXCM, ThinkForex, etc...

asmywish:

Thank you for this information.
Reason: