Highest open and lowest open

Hi,

I am not a coder but have been trying to learn over time, so please bear with me (and be gentle, lol). I have an EA that trades off the highest high and lowest low over a period of Monday H1 bars. I want to test this EA on open prices only (not every tick), but am having trouble modifying the code to work on open prices. Here is the code that finds the highest high and lowest low, which I follow. This has to be fairly common, but is there a similar function that finds the highest open and lowest open? I looked around and am guessing not, that I need to make an array first? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Jeff

MonHigh =  iHigh( strSymbol, PERIOD_H1, iHighest( strSymbol, PERIOD_H1, MODE_HIGH, EndOfZoneDetermingHour,0 ) );
     if (MonHigh > HighMondayZone)HighMondayZone = MonHigh;
     MonLow =  iLow( strSymbol, PERIOD_H1, iLowest( strSymbol, PERIOD_H1, MODE_LOW, EndOfZoneDetermingHour, 0 ) );
     if (MonLow < LowMondayZone)LowMondayZone = MonLow;

Jeff7102:

Hi,

I am not a coder but have been trying to learn over time, so please bear with me (and be gentle, lol). I have an EA that trades off the highest high and lowest low over a period of Monday H1 bars. I want to test this EA on open prices only (not every tick), but am having trouble modifying the code to work on open prices. Here is the code that finds the highest high and lowest low, which I follow. This has to be fairly common, but is there a similar function that finds the highest open and lowest open? I looked around and am guessing not, that I need to make an array first? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Jeff

Try this :

MonHigh=iOpen(strSymbol,PERIOD_H1,iHighest(strSymbol,PERIOD_H1,MODE_OPEN,EndOfZoneDetermingHour,0));
if(MonHigh>HighMondayZone)HighMondayZone=MonHigh;
MonLow=iOpen(strSymbol,PERIOD_H1,iLowest(strSymbol,PERIOD_H1,MODE_OPEN,EndOfZoneDetermingHour,0));
if(MonLow<LowMondayZone)LowMondayZone=MonLow;

Thank you! I will try that out. Such a simple fix.
Reason: