OrderModify error 1 during back testing

I have some code to break even when price reaches a particular point but I keep getting OrderModify Error 1 in the journal. The code works absolutely fine and does its job of break even at the correct point, I just keep getting the error clogging up the journal after that happens.

for (int counter = OrdersTotal() - 1; counter >= 0; counter--)
         {
            OrderSelect(counter,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES);

if (OrderType() == OP_BUY && iClose(NULL,0,0) >= LongBreakEvenPrice && OrderOpenPrice() != OrderStopLoss())
               {
                  OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),OrderOpenPrice(),0,0,Yellow);
               }

if (OrderType() == OP_SELL && iClose(NULL,0,0) <= ShortBreakEvenPrice && OrderOpenPrice() != OrderStopLoss())
               {
               }
         }

I also tried the following but it doesn't make a difference:

OrderModify(OrderTicket(),0,OrderOpenPrice(),0,0,Yellow);

Any ideas?

Edit: additional info: I only use one timeframe and one symbol, and Open Prices only for the Strategy Tester.

Edit2: Is is possible to suppress the error message?

eempc: but I keep getting OrderModify Error 1 in the journal.
  1. You
    Server
    Change the SL to X
    It is at X!
    Change the SL to XIt is at X!
    Change the SL to XYou are insane
  2. OrderOpenPrice() != OrderStopLoss()
    The == operand. - MQL4 forum

Better rethink this...

WHRoeder:
  1. You
    Server
    Change the SL to X
    It is at X!
    Change the SL to XIt is at X!
    Change the SL to XYou are insane
  2. The == operand. - MQL4 forum

Not quite true

first time he checks if the SL is @ break even

OrderOpenPrice() != OrderStopLoss()

so he is modifying the OrderStopLoss() to OrderOpenPrice()

the Second time is OrderStopLoss() == OrderOpenPrice()

It looks a bit awkward but I seem to have fixed the issue using MathRound (after multiplying by mx, which = 10000). Many thanks!

MathRound(OrderOpenPrice()*mx) != MathRound(OrderStopLoss()*mx)

qjol:

Not quite true

first time he checks if the SL is @ break even

so he is modifying the OrderStopLoss() to OrderOpenPrice()

Yeah, that's what I though so too with my code. But WHRoeder links to an interesting thing about how prices don't quite = another price, it seems to be a quirk of MQL4.

Do not compare doubles for equality. It has to do which EVERY computer because the way floating point is implementated. Nothing unusual with MQL4.

Print your variables

Print("OSL="+PriceToStr(OrderStopLoss()),
      " OOP="+PriceToStr(OrderOpenPrice()),
      " Equ="+( OrderStopLoss() == OrderOpenPrice() )
      );
/////////////
string   PriceToStr(double p){   return( DoubleToStr(p, Digits) );            }

eempc:

I have some code to break even when price reaches a particular point but I keep getting OrderModify Error 1 in the journal. The code works absolutely fine and does its job of break even at the correct point, I just keep getting the error clogging up the journal after that happens.

I also tried the following but it doesn't make a difference:

Any ideas?

Edit: additional info: I only use one timeframe and one symbol, and Open Prices only for the Strategy Tester.

Edit2: Is is possible to suppress the error message?

Hi,

I'm trying to replicate the error you get . Can you post how do you calculate the LongBreakEvenPrice and ShortBreakEvenPrice ?

Do you have only 1 order open at the time and you store the open price somewhere else?

Because if you have more than 1 order, say buy orders, the LongBreakEvenPrice won't be the same for the two of them, right ?

thrdel:

Hi,

I'm trying to replicate the error you get . Can you post how do you calculate the LongBreakEvenPrice and ShortBreakEvenPrice ?

Do you have only 1 order open at the time and you store the open price somewhere else?

Because if you have more than 1 order, say buy orders, the LongBreakEvenPrice won't be the same for the two of them, right ?

That doesn't matter, the important condition here is

OrderOpenPrice() != OrderStopLoss()

The problem can usually be resolved by substituting

MathAbs(OrderOpenPrice() - OrderStopLoss() ) > Point()

GumRai:

That doesn't matter, the important condition here is

The problem can usually be resolved by substituting

I understand your point but if you cannot test the code and get the same error, how can you be sure?

Unless you use to get the ERROR 1 message in your other code or EA's and you solved it as you mentioned.

I would give your answer a thumb up any way, if I could.

thrdel:

I understand your point but if you cannot test the code and get the same error, how can you be sure?

Unless you use to get the ERROR 1 message in your other code or EA's and you solved it as you mentioned.

I would give your answer a thumb up any way, if I could.

In the OP's code

if (OrderType() == OP_BUY && iClose(NULL,0,0) >= LongBreakEvenPrice && OrderOpenPrice() != OrderStopLoss())
               {
               }

you could simply change it to something like

if (OrderType() == OP_BUY && Bid-OrderOpenPrice()>Point()*100 && OrderOpenPrice() != OrderStopLoss())
               {
               }

if you are trying to replicate the error

Reason: