Build 600+ and CPU usage - page 7

SDC:
Is it because the platform is still accepting incomming ticks ?
Don't know. But the time displayed in Market Watch is fixed to the time I used "Hide All", so it seems no new ticks are take into account.

Latest screenshots. Seeing is believing. All charts are loaded with ea and indicators. XD

show1

Hello,

I am using build 625 on a Lenovo Thinkpad T530 with Win7 Pro and an I-5 dual core processor running at 2. ghz with 8gb of ram.

I am running an order entry EA and 4 indicators and displaying the charts of 8 pairs.

The CPU usage shown in the Task Manager is 25% most of the time.

The response is frequently lagging 3-10 seconds and sometimes more.

I never had this problem before build 600.

Does anyone know of a way to address the CPU usage problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Beacon

beacon:

Hello,

I am using build 625 on a Lenovo Thinkpad T530 with Win7 Pro and an I-5 dual core processor running at 2. ghz with 8gb of ram.

I am running an order entry EA and 4 indicators and displaying the charts of 8 pairs.

The CPU usage shown in the Task Manager is 25% most of the time.

The response is frequently lagging 3-10 seconds and sometimes more.

I never had this problem before build 600.

Does anyone know of a way to address the CPU usage problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Beacon

I think the best thing to do is the report your problem to the Service Desk of Metaquotes.

I have been reading this thread trying to find a solution for my CPU usage problem.

I began experiencing 100% usage since MT4 automatically updated to build 625. I reported my problem to the Service Desk on 26.03.2014. They asked me information about my machine (a VPS) and told me some advices to improve, like recompiling and reducing indicators. The fact is my MT4 instances, I had 6 before this problem now I'm running just 4, were showing exactly the same CPU usage (100%) with no indicators or EA's at all.

Today I had a notification to tell me a new build (628) was available to download and test...

Results: nothing improve, I have to say it is even worse than with 625!!

Is there anyway to rollback to previous versions???

Regards

Bernabe

deysmacro:

I use CleanMem though, which is might help in memory management. :)

I actually started to use CleanMem and I can confirm that this program is much more robust than MemClean. The auto ram clean feature is priceless, especially considering if the vps has too much memory usage then you cannot login to windows.

And to update my previous usage stats. Using b625, the majority of my terminals are now using LESS memory with more charts open. But I kept my max bars in chart at around 1500.

There is a bug in the dll implementation that is creating overusage in those terminals. Waiting for bug to be fixed.

Still waiting for the bug fix!

Fixed and it was due to my code. I added variables that weren't initialized properly so I had calculations looping endlessly.

Build 628. No incoming ticks. >500 times/second. Wonderful!

Im using build 633 i havent seen my CPU usage higher than 0.01 in process explorer except when I run my mouse cursor over it, then it jumps to about 10 which is about the same as other apps with clickable interfaces.
Reason: