Build 600+ and CPU usage - page 4

Have you tried doing it in perfmon ? You can make it monitor a single applications processor usage in a ton of ways, I'm just now figuring out how to use it.

run perfon as administator click on performance monitor to brong up the graph then right click on the graph to add counters, add the processor counter then click on the process one to highlight it and in the lower box all the running processeses are listed choose terminal

SDC:

Have you tried doing it in perfmon ? You can make it monitor a single applications processor usage in a ton of ways, I'm just now figuring out how to use it.

run perfon as administator click on performance monitor to brong up the graph then right click on the graph to add counters, add the processor counter then click on the process one to highlight it and in the lower box all the running processeses are listed choose terminal

If I not mistaken, perfmon uses cpu times, worst than Task Manager ...

deysmacro:

worst than Task Manager ...
but more accurate

It can make a report like this ..not sure how to interpret the results though

RaptorUK:
Perhaps you think 7% CPU usage for MT4 is OK for a i7 2640M (2 cores, 4 threads) when MT4 is running with no charts open ? I don't . . .

Which broker are you using, and which symbols in Market Watch ? I will try to reproduce you config and see what I get as CPU usage.

Edit : Unfortunately I don't think it's possible to monitor/log with Process Explorer (?)

SDC:

It can make a report like this ..not sure how to interpret the results though

You should look at Process Monitor . . .

angevoyageur:

Which broker are you using, and which symbols in Market Watch ? I will try to reproduce you config and see what I get as CPU usage.

Edit : Unfortunately I don't think it's possible to monitor/log with Process Explorer (?)

I'm using the MQ Demo server, no charts open, all symbols available showing in Market Watch . . .

RaptorUK:
I'm using the MQ Demo server, no charts open, all symbols available showing in Market Watch . . .

Ok. I made the following config : MQ Demo, no charts, no events, not logged to mql5.com, and no symbols in Market Watch. Process Explorer from Sysinternals show a constant charge of 2% (between 1.97 and 2.28), which is high for a program supposed to do nothing.

EDIT: After a while the percentage fall to 0.6/0.7.

RaptorUK:

Does it depend on the number of symbols in the Market Watch, and do you get the same results on other servers? On the MQ demo server with all symbols in the Market Watch I've seen something different to you, but still strange: generally very low usage, but with spikes lasting 15-30 seconds where MT4 uses an entire processor core.

angevoyageur:

Ok. I made the following config : MQ Demo, no charts, no events, not logged to mql5.com, and no symbols in Market Watch. Process Explorer from Sysinternals show a constant charge of 2% (between 1.97 and 2.28), which is high for a program supposed to do nothing.

EDIT: After a while the percentage fall to 0.6/0.7.

Thanks for the data and your time
Reason: