Build 600+ and CPU usage - page 2

deysmacro:
What I think that had happened is that the terminal is processing information no longer based OnTick() alone, but much more than that, which is why, even if we turn off Auto Trading, there is till something is running in the background. That explains why there is this cpu usage behavior. Developers have put something to make things more responsive in theory.
How does that happen when I have no charts open ?

Raptor are you geting your CPU Usage figures from task manager ?

SDC:
Raptor are you geting your CPU Usage figures from task manager ?
Nope, from Process Explorer.

jeffstar:
Using Build 500+ my approximate CPU usage per MT4 platform was 1-2%. Now using Mt4 Build 600+ my CPU usage is 4-5% per platform. Using MT4 509 I was able to safely run 14 MT4 platforms now using MT4 610 I can only run 6 MT4 platforms because my CPU usage shoots up to 35% usage and memory usage did not change. Can anyone explain this and what the solution is? Is this normal? I don't want to upgrade my VPS to get more CPU usage until I understand better. Thank you.

I can confirm to you guys that I have 13 charts ...

8 charts - ea attached

1 chart - indicator only

2 charts - empty (monitoring only)

2 charts - both with ea and indicator

There you have it. Only 2% idle cpu times. Using AMD Turion 64 X2 @ 2.00GHz, W7 64bit

RaptorUK:

How does that happen when I have no charts open ?

If you are saying like that, then, no idea why it is happening. Though sometimes, Anti-virus might be the culprit. Try excluding it from auto scans and see what happened.

Maybe I need a reboot, it's been 3 weeks since my last one

My terminal CPU usage is minimal unless I interact with the chart or run the mouse over it.

RaptorUK:
Maybe I need a reboot, it's been 3 weeks since my last one

WOW don't you take the weekends off ?

qjol:

WOW don't you take the weekends off ?
I guess so but my laptop stays on

I only reboot mine when windows update annoys me until I do it just to shut it up lol

RaptorUK:
I guess so but my laptop stays on

Same here. Just put the laptop on top of something like aluminum-built notebook cooler. :)
Reason: