Build 600+ and CPU usage

Using Build 500+ my approximate CPU usage per MT4 platform was 1-2%. Now using Mt4 Build 600+ my CPU usage is 4-5% per platform. Using MT4 509 I was able to safely run 14 MT4 platforms now using MT4 610 I can only run 6 MT4 platforms because my CPU usage shoots up to 35% usage and memory usage did not change. Can anyone explain this and what the solution is? Is this normal? I don't want to upgrade my VPS to get more CPU usage until I understand better. Thank you.

jeffstar:
Using Build 500+ my approximate CPU usage per MT4 platform was 1-2%. Now using Mt4 Build 600+ my CPU usage is 4-5% per platform. Using MT4 509 I was able to safely run 14 MT4 platforms now using MT4 610 I can only run 6 MT4 platforms because my CPU usage shoots up to 35% usage and memory usage did not change. Can anyone explain this and what the solution is? Is this normal? I don't want to upgrade my VPS to get more CPU usage until I understand better. Thank you.

Welcome to mql4.com forum,

This problem has been reported several times but without any solution I am aware. I suggest you to write to ServiceDesk on mql5.com.

HI. I still have not found a satisfactory answer. Does Build 600+ use more CPU power than previous versions? If so, how can I reduce the CPU usage to pre-600 builds? Thank you.

jeffstar:
HI. I still have not found a satisfactory answer. Does Build 600+ use more CPU power than previous versions? If so, how can I reduce the CPU usage to pre-600 builds? Thank you.

Did you report it to ServiceDesk ?

Is it the same with build 613 ?

Hello. Yes, I did contact the ServiceDesk. They responded by asking me questions such as what broker I use, what EA am I running, what indicator, how many bars, what operating system, what processor, how much memory etc. etc. The bottom line is that running build 600+ use with no charts, no EAs, no indicators and trying several broker the result is always the same,- 2 -3 times higher CPU usage. I will try build 613. As of now the brokers I use have not offered the upgrade. Thank you.

jeffstar:
Hello. Yes, I did contact the ServiceDesk. They responded by asking me questions such as what broker I use, what EA am I running, what indicator, how many bars, what operating system, what processor, how much memory etc. etc. The bottom line is that running build 600+ use with no charts, no EAs, no indicators and trying several broker the result is always the same,- 2 -3 times higher CPU usage. I will try build 613. As of now the brokers I use have not offered the upgrade. Thank you.

I'm getting the same issue on build 614, and also reported it to the Service Desk . . . and also got a reply asking for info which I provided . . . my ticket number was #953564

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/149726

How do I get any news/updates on this issue when the Service Desk won't reply to me asking for news ?

RaptorUK:

I'm getting the same issue on build 614,

. . . and in build 616

RaptorUK:
. . . and in build 616

. . . and build 618

RaptorUK:

. . . and build 618
. . . and build 625

What I think that had happened is that the terminal is processing information no longer based OnTick() alone, but much more than that, which is why, even if we turn off Auto Trading, there is till something is running in the background. That explains why there is this cpu usage behavior. Developers have put something to make things more responsive in theory. heat
Reason: