My new Universal EA, come check it out. - page 3

evillive:

So EA go only longs even if it is against trend (do not count hedging, it's only optional)... Do you have settings for at least one good test?

I'm sorry I do not. I only tested it for functionality. I made the EA with the idea that the user could make their own system with it. I have been playing around with the numbers but nothing extraordinary yet. I will let you know when I find a combo that works. I just started coding and using EAs about 2 months ago and this is the culmination of everything I have learned so far.

An important key to remember is that many forex traders also trade on the stock market where you can mostly only buy. Buying is naturally what traders do more often so the buy trends are stronger and last longer than sell trends. It's just an observation about the mass psychology of trading futures in general. I could easily add a sell feature to the EA if it is requested or if it may help create a better system.

I updated the script and added a few new indicators that should give more flexibility.
Files:

Updated the update.
Files:

pacofflin:
Updated the update.

deleted the update is more needed

why do you define so many values in your code you don't use...

deVries:

deleted the update is more needed

why do you define so many values in your code you don't use...

Can you be more specific?

pacofflin:

Can you be more specific?

nt start()
  {
int i=0; 
//double Marketprice = ((Ask+Bid)/2);    // not used

//double CurrentStochasticKperiod = iStochastic(0,0,Kperiod,Dperiod,Slowing,3,1,0,0);// not used
double FirstStochasticKperiod =   iStochastic(0,0,Kperiod,Dperiod,Slowing,3,1,0,1);
//double SecondStochasticKperiod =  iStochastic(0,0,Kperiod,Dperiod,Slowing,3,1,0,2);// not used

//double CurrentStochasticDperiod = iStochastic(0,0,Kperiod,Dperiod,Slowing,3,1,1,0);// not used
double FirstStochasticDperiod =   iStochastic(0,0,Kperiod,Dperiod,Slowing,3,1,1,1);
//double SecondStochasticDperiod =  iStochastic(0,0,Kperiod,Dperiod,Slowing,3,1,1,2);// not used
many more // not used

deVries:

many more // not used

Yeah I was planning on using them at some point just not yet. The Universal EA is a work in progress so I will delete all the unnecessary indicators and code later.
Reason: