Allow DLL Imports - Option is unavailable in new empty EA.

I just created a default EA template via the wizard and added/removed nothing from the code. When I attach this empty EA to a chart, the option to "Allow DLL imports" is greyed out and cannot be changed by the user.

Can someone tell me why this is happening and how to re-enable the option to choose?

If I drag in one of many OLD EA's this does not happen and the "Allow DLL Import" option is working perfectly - so what's changed. Do I need to include a directive in the code somewhere or set an option in the compiler? I can't find ANY mention of this behaviour in the documentation.

xennon:

I just created a default EA template via the wizard and added/removed nothing from the code. When I attach this empty EA to a chart, the option to "Allow DLL imports" is greyed out and cannot be changed by the user.

Can someone tell me why this is happening and how to re-enable the option to choose?

Add a DLL function call to your code . . .

RaptorUK:
Add a DLL function call to your code . . .

Ahh, as simple as that. It's curious because the *old* EA I loaded didn't have any DLL calls in it either yet the option was not greyed out.

xennon:

Ahh, as simple as that. It's curious because the *old* EA I loaded didn't have any DLL calls in it either yet the option was not greyed out.
Compiled with build 509 Meta Editor ?

THE LATEST BUILD 610 AUTOMATICALLY GREYS OUT ANY EXPERT ADVISOR THAT DOES NOT HAVE A DLL FILE ASSOCIATED WITH IT. IF YOU SEE GREY, THAT MEANS IT DOESN'T HAVE A DLL FILE--SO YOU DON'T NEED TO CHECK IT ANYWAY.

Enlinesix:
THE LATEST BUILD 610 AUTOMATICALLY GREYS OUT ANY EXPERT ADVISOR THAT DOES NOT HAVE A DLL FILE ASSOCIATED WITH IT. IF YOU SEE GREY, THAT MEANS IT DOESN'T HAVE A DLL FILE--SO YOU DON'T NEED TO CHECK IT ANYWAY.
Please don't SHOUT.

This is a very bad.

I'm use an indicator that calls a dll.

In the EA I use iCustom and the Allow DLL is disabled in the EA because it's not calling a dll.

The solution was making a dummy dll call in the EA like that:

// This is a dummy dll call to enable the dll calling
#import "user32.dll"
   int      SetWindowTextA(int hWnd,char &lpString[]);
#import

int init() {
                //this call to the dll will never be executed.
                if(false){char test[1]; SetWindowTextA(NULL,test);}
      return (0);
}

I am currently running an EA in 4 different platform Suddenly I notice a Bugs with my EA in 2 Platform I finally notice that Allow ddl Imports its Disable itself in those 2 Platform

But still Enable in 2 platform that work accurately, I have try all I could to Enable it back in those 2 Platform but failed still afraid that those remain 2 could disable itself one day

I deleted the EA and Reinstall still the DDL is Disable

Please Help Any Solution...?

199:

I am currently running an EA in 4 different platform Suddenly I notice a Bugs with my EA in 2 Platform I finally notice that Allow ddl Imports its Disable itself in those 2 Platform

But still Enable in 2 platform that work accurately, I have try all I could to Enable it back in those 2 Platform but failed still afraid that those remain 2 could disable itself one day

I deleted the EA and Reinstall still the DDL is Disable

Please Help Any Solution...?

This problem is no more present in build 613.

I still have built 610 so how do I get to 613 and check if the issue had been correct itself...?

I look to the respond

Thanks.

I am still waiting for an answer the moderator,......?

Thanks.

Reason: