Code Protection: New MQL4 language(Build 600+) decompilation protection and other crack techniques. - page 3

I was just checking my code and it totally visible in a hexeditor.

How do i protect it? im using newest MT4 build.

Hello slicken,

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing?

This is what I see (just the copyright visible, nothing else)

Many thanks 

codersguru:
Put your code in a DLL. That's the award winning answer since MQL2.
hello codersguru i have a EA and need to protect it with expiry and log in id which i can change when its needed

investguy:

Hi,

I read about the new mql4(Build 600+) and already updated my EAs, now i have a question. How secure is the new protection against crackers and other types of executable cracking and modifying the code. EX: hex editing date of expiration, memory dumps, etc.. How secure is a simple time restriction(expiration date) on a EA now? How to implement new protection techniques using the new language?

ex:

Thanks

WHERE SHOULD I PUT THIS CORD IN MY EA

investguy:

Hi,

I read about the new mql4(Build 600+) and already updated my EAs, now i have a question. How secure is the new protection against crackers and other types of executable cracking and modifying the code. EX: hex editing date of expiration, memory dumps, etc.. How secure is a simple time restriction(expiration date) on a EA now? How to implement new protection techniques using the new language?

ex:

Thanks

You can use YPY MQ4 Code Protector -  free online service for encryption and licensing a of source code in *.mq4 format

https://www.mql5.com/en/blogs/post/652126 

pavelmobile:

You can use YPY MQ4 Code Protector -  free online service for encryption and licensing a of source code in *.mq4 format

https://www.mql5.com/en/blogs/post/652126 

Well, it is not human-readable before compilation, but it tells nothing about the protection. It would be interesting to show a sample of the output from the outdated decompiler, to demonstrate the advantage of the protection. From my first guess it is obfuscated, but i cannot see if it is protected. 

.ex4 is unknown. unknown thing is created by known....so it is question of time when rest of us be able to look into .ex4. admitting defeating is in form of threatening  by those who were defeated and has ability to abuse power...Very sad.

mima: so it is question of time when rest of us be able to look into .ex4.
It's been almost three years since Build 600. Not one example.

I dig up the old thread - have any examples of successful decompilation appeared in the meantime? I do not know if there is any point in using the MQL5 Cloud Protector function.

Not that we are aware of.

And it is recommended to use the cloud protector service.

Reason: