Code Protection: New MQL4 language(Build 600+) decompilation protection and other crack techniques. - page 2

codersguru:
Put your code in a DLL. That's the award winning answer since MQL2.
From the point of view of a decompilation protection, shouldn't the new .ex4 be just the same as a .dll ?

SDC:
From the point of view of a decompilation protection, shouldn't the new .ex4 be just the same as a .dll ?

Interesting question.

SDC:

do you really think that a dll cannot be decompiled

qjol:

do you really think that a dll cannot be decompiled
You should ask codersguru that not me. He said .dll is the answer. I just asked if the new .ex4 and a .dll would be equal from the point of view of a hacker.

SDC:
You should ask codersguru that not me. He said .dll is the answer. I just asked if the new .ex4 and a .dll would be equal from the point of view of a hacker.

From a view of a hacker the DLL might be easier to target, since free and commercial tools for C/C++ decompilation are already affordable.

Ovo:

From a view of a hacker the DLL might be easier to target, since free and commercial tools for C/C++ decompilation are already affordable.

Yes.

Very good info.

Very good info but yet we dont have a definitive answer if our .ex4 are protected or not. You mentioned the .ex4 is mql5 market are encrypter, anyone has information on how to encrypt our .ex4 ?

Greetings

Since February 3, 2014 (Build 600) Can't be decompiled.
New EX4/EX5 files are provided with a serious and completely revised protection.
Upcoming MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 Upgrades - Big Changes Are Underway - MQL4 forum

BeLikeWater:

Very good info but yet we dont have a definitive answer if our .ex4 are protected or not. You mentioned the .ex4 is mql5 market are encrypter, anyone has information on how to encrypt our .ex4 ?

Greetings

All these questions have been asked (Russian forum mainly), but Metaquotes don't want to broadcast details about how it's protected.

As far as I know, you can't find any decompiled code from .ex5 and "new" .ex4, this is a definitive answer to me.

Reason: