how to test indicator from market mql4 ?

Hi,

i downloaded indicator from market mql4, and i dont arrive to attach indicator in strategy tester, the demo button is not clickable

if anyone can help me please

thx

js497:

Hi,

i downloaded indicator from market mql4, and i dont arrive to attach indicator in strategy tester, the demo button is not clickable

if anyone can help me please

thx

Not all Indicators work properly in the Strategy Tester . . . not sure how you are supposed to test one that doesn't.

RaptorUK:
Not all Indicators work properly in the Strategy Tester . . . not sure how you are supposed to test one that doesn't.

The trouble is that it is not possible to attach the indicator even in the strategy tester.

Ovo:

The trouble is that it is not possible to attach the indicator even in the strategy tester.
Suggestion for the upcoming changes to MT4
Suggestions, MetaTrader 4, Closed, Start: 2013.08.08 14:15, #814556

Hi,

with the planned changes to MT4 is it possible, or planned, to make the Strategy Tester be able to correctly test Indicators in the same way that MT5 can ?

Can you please pass this on as a suggestion.

Support Team 2013.08.08 15:08
There is (and was) no problem with custom indicators' testing in the MT4

RaptorUK 2013.08.08 15:15

Yes, there is a problem . . . for example, an Indicator that uses Bid will get the current Bid price not the Bid price shown in the Strategy Tester . . . see this post for more information:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/143310/page2#753353

please see the 3rd section called: // Indicator in Strategy Tester standalone (attached to chart)

Support Team 2013.08.09 11:42

Ok, clear.

No, sorry. MT4 tester will not be improved in such way

The opportunity was there to fix the Strategy Tester to work with Market Indicators . . . . the problem was foreseen . . . just not by MQ.

Ovo:

Not even by attaching it to a template and using that template in the ST ?

RaptorUK:
Not even by attaching it to a template and using that template in the ST ?

Well, the template is supposed to have the indicator attached before saving :)

raptor, can you explain me how to test this indi https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/2937

, i m a bit lost please

js497:

raptor, can you explain me how to test this indi https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/2937

, i m a bit lost please

No I can't . . . you should ask someone from MetaQuotes, I'm sure they thought all this out months ago. Interestingly . . . if you look at the MT5 Market and go to Indicators they have Demo links . . . the MT4 ones don't.

One other thing, within MT4 Market tab, for non-free EAs there is a Demo link, for non-free Indicators there isn't . . . so I guess there is no way of Demoing an Indicator.

RaptorUK:
No I can't . . . you should ask someone from MetaQuotes, I'm sure they thought all this out months ago. Interestingly . . . if you look at the MT5 Market and go to Indicators they have Demo links . . . the MT4 ones don't.

One other thing, within MT4 Market tab, for non-free EAs there is a Demo link, for non-free Indicators there isn't . . . so I guess there is no way of Demoing an Indicator.

Please do not play the demagogue, you know all this very well.

New possibilities are now available, they aren't perfect but they exist. Market's indicator can be tested. Don't buy it if you can support that, it's very simple.

angevoyageur:

New possibilities are now available, they aren't perfect but they exist. Market's indicator can be tested. Don't buy it if you can support that, it's very simple.

OK, please tell me how I can download a Demo of a non-free MT4 Market Indicator ? I can't find a way . . . hence my comments.

angevoyageur:

which possibilities angevoyageur ? :)
Reason: