backtests and its Optimization - Limitations

Hi,

the 3rd tab of the backtest-options I find the Optimization - Limitations like Consecutive win (btw is that a minimum- or maximum-limit?).

Is there a possibility to define my own function for the selection of the genetic algorithms?

gooly:

the 3rd tab of the backtest-options I find the Optimization - Limitations like Consecutive win (btw is that a minimum- or maximum-limit?).

Is there a possibility to define my own function for the selection of the genetic algorithms?

Limitations like Consecutive win (btw is that a minimum- or maximum-limit?) ... just test it.

Is there a possibility to define my own function for the selection of the genetic algorithms? No.

Try using GlobalVariableSet() to tell the Optimizer when to Stop || What to Limit.

Do you own Genetic Algorithm within the Expert Advisor.

====================================

From the documentation.

Optimization — this tab allows to manage limitations during optimization. If any of conditions is met during a separate pass, this pass of the expert will be interrupted. To enable a limit in condition, one has to flag it in the checkbox to the left of it. Double click with the left mouse button in the "Value" field can be used to change the existing parameter.
Limiting parameters are:

·Balance minimum — the smallest balance value in the deposit currency;

·Profit maximum — the largest profit in the deposit currency;

·Minimal margin level % — the lowest margin level in per cents;

·Maximal drawdown % — the largest drawdown in per cents;

·Consecutive loss — the largest loss within a series. Loss series is a number of consecutive loss trades;

·Consecutive loss trades — the largest amount of loss trades within a series;

·Consecutive win — the largest total profit within a series. Profitable series is a number of consecutive profitable trades;

·Consecutive win trades — the largest amount of profitable trades within a series.

=====================================

Additional Links:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/139107
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/126258
Reason: