MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 610 - page 5

rogertsc: I said, I paid, the person created, sent me <irrevalent>

Decompiled code is stolen code. The fact that you paid for the stolen code doesn't change anything. It means you are a fence, the receiver of stolen (intellectual) property.

Either way we will not be an accomplice after the fact to theft.

See also https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/134317

Mt4 doesn't allow compilation of decompiled code any more.

WHRoeder:

Decompiled code is stolen code. The fact that you paid for the stolen code doesn't change anything. It means you are a fence, the receiver of stolen (intellectual) property.

It seems you keep ignoring all the other possibilities when this is not true. There are cases of completely legal decompilation.

Just the fact that you keep repeating this does not make it true.

It has been discussed so many times, it is probably useless to try to make it understood.

I understand that this forum is not the place for that but this statement simply is not true.

Mt4 doesn't allow compilation of decompiled code any more.

I just tried this today morning, this protection is very weak, almost does not exist.

I am getting this weird warning, when the code is started from the debugger, with no breakpoint set. When running from the Terminal, no warning appears.

The code includes a DLL call with internet access, but still 200ms run time is not a reason for any "timeout".

szgy74:

It seems you keep ignoring all the other possibilities when this is not true. There are cases of completely legal decompilation.

Just the fact that you keep repeating this does not make it true.

It has been discussed so many times, it is probably useless to try to make it understood.

I understand that this forum is not the place for that but this statement simply is not true.

I just tried this today morning, this protection is very weak, almost does not exist.

You are right there are instances where decompilation is legal, such as in cases where you have licence to use the program and need to modify it to work with a new platform BUT it is illegal to share that decompled code unless you are the author of it. That includes posting it on the internet.

New versions only install on C drive, which is unacceptable for me.

My original version was on D drive. I get file write errors now in tester. My C drive is formatted corrected also.

I tried a new 610 install from broker link, but it tool installed on C drive, even though I specified D drive during installation process.

Is there a terminal.exe with the new 600/610 versions? If so where could I find it.

I tried copying my files to D drive but cannot open 600 terminal without location of new terminal.exe file.

any ideas ?

Thanks

My EA, under 509 release, generates more than 2000 orders over year 2013.

After recompiling it under 610, with NO modification, my EA generates 3 orders and a list of : "tester: 0 symbol not found".

Any idea to fix this problem will be appreciated.

FaceNord:

My EA, under 509 release, generates more than 2000 orders over year 2013.

After recompiling it under 610, with NO modification, my EA generates 3 orders and a list of : "tester: 0 symbol not found".

Any idea to fix this problem will be appreciated.
Please don't double post.

Why my open charts EA settings get reset if I compile another one?

Say I have EA "My First EA" on a chart and I work on EA "My Second EA" code. When I recompile the "My Second EA", "My First EA" resets to defaults all of sudden despite I didn't change it.

Is URLDownloadToFileW supposed to work in build 610?

It worked for me till build 604 and was testing all last week. Now with build 610 files are not downloaded/saved as it appears.

Not having changed the code of the EA, just gave it a recompile in build 610... and running it on build 610, it does not work anymore.

However, a compiled on build 604 does run on a build 610

Folex:

Is URLDownloadToFileW supposed to work in build 610?

It worked for me till build 604 and was testing all last week. Now with build 610 files are not downloaded/saved as it appears.

Not having changed the code of the EA, just gave it a recompile in build 610... and running it on build 610, it does not work anymore.

However, a compiled on build 604 does run on a build 610

Seems there is a bug in build 610.
Reason: