MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 610 - page 32

angevoyageur:

Why the hell are you using such poor software ? Are you masochistic ?

By the way, your sarcasms are not welcomed on this forum.

Oh, I just noticed your remark, and I know it is not the first time you are throwing dust upon my head.

I tried to help some people with their problems, and I liked the way how Raptor helped other people. And I do not like the aggression and evil you are spreading around in the name of kindness. Using your broken English.

If the hell you used this poor software for something else than a discussion (which I doubt), you would turn frustrated like I did.

You instead share your private deductions about coding in the MQL4, and are you are so often wrong, that it must be clear that you are not a coder but a guesser.

But you are a moderator, so I cannot simply ignore you. I have no reason to stay here active, only a couple of people here could really help me. I need to code, not to answer silly questions about why this and why that with the hell poor software.

Enjoy this forum as a moderator and keep it clean. Good luck.

angevoyageur:

By the way, your sarcasms are not welcomed on this forum.

It wasn't sarcasm. I genuinely thought Ovo's use of YT videos to prove the existence of bugs in the MT4 s/w that MQ had rejected was both a brilliant riposte, and very useful.

Trevhib:

It wasn't sarcasm. I genuinely thought Ovo's use of YT videos to prove the existence of bugs in the MT4 s/w that MQ had rejected was both a brilliant riposte, and very useful.
Sorry if I misunderstood your post.

No worries.

Hello,

Is there any solution/workaround for MetaEditor's "can't paste from clipboard" problem?
I can copy (Ctrl+C or Ctrl+Ins) but can't paste (Ctrl+V or Shift+Ins).

I have just upgraded from build 509 to 618 and now 620, but still no paste function.
(Windows 7 64 bit, MetaTrader folder is in root, not in Program Files, UAC disabled, previous versions of MetaEditor are working ok)

Thanks!

The newest release (b 625) fixed the missing paste function in MetaEditor.

darksamu:

Hi,

Does anyone know how to check if the most current data has been loaded into Time[] array after a timeframe change?

I'm running into 'array out of range' errors when timeframe has been changed and a significant amount of new candle data needs to be downloaded from MetaQuotes server. Seems it takes some time to download new data and put it in Time[] array, but until this happens my code runs into 'array out of range'.

I tried the code below but this still runs into 'array out of range' sometimes:

hello darksamu,

have you found the solution to this issue? my issue is very similar therefore I am quoting your issue with it so that the folks at MT can look into it and hopefully resolve it asap as it's a very CRITICAL issue and I see no one has even replied to your report either :-(

I use below code to have my EA place only 1 trade per bar:

static datetime prevtime = 0;

start()
{
    if(Time[0] == prevtime)
    {
        if(debug_print) Print(" # P15 #     HIT: CURRENT TIME IS SAME AS PREVIOUS TIME !!!");
        return(0);
    }
    prevtime = Time[0];

}

Now the problem is that oftentimes my open charts that has my EA running in it, pull data from the broker LIVE server while displaying "Waiting For Update" and at that very moment the EA freezes on-screen and I get the following error in the "Experts" tab:

"2014.04.24 10:19:31.107 array out of range in 'ea_rv_fx.mq4' (367,21)"

At the exact mentioned line number is array Time[0].

I have searched this forum and googled as well as tried all kinds of tests to avoid this "out of range" issue but nothing works!

So someone please write here how to not have my EA crash because of this built-in issue that can't handle it's own auto chart data update process and due to this my EA running LIVE just feeezes!!!

BTW, there is just no solution for this error occurring inside an EA anywhere online, although there are solutions for this error in indicator. So I believe this should at least be documented somewhere as well as it's very frustrating.

Thanks - Metascripter

metascripter:

I use below code to have my EA place only 1 trade per bar:

Thanks - Metascripter

That debug code would execute on every tick.

SDC:
That debug code would execute on every tick.

Hi SDC,

sorry but no, it does not execute on every tick.

that's exactly what it stops and executes only once per bar.

let's say you drop this code on M1 chart, so then Time[0] is the bar OPEN time for the

current M1 bar. so the next time the code would exec would be on the next M1 bar, which

is 1 minute away :-)

HTH ... chirio - Buzz

metascripter:

Hi SDC,

sorry but no, it does not execute on every tick.

that's exactly what it stops and executes only once per bar.

let's say you drop this code on M1 chart, so then Time[0] is the bar OPEN time for the

current M1 bar. so the next time the code wud exec wud be on the next M1 bar, which

is 1 minute away :-)

HTH ... chirio - Buzz

What'is "wud" ? Please follow this advice : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/150170. Thank you
Reason: