MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 610 - page 27

williamwong:
I am having problem auto update my mt4 version, it is still build 610. Anyway to force it to update to latest?
Apparently 610 is the latest released version . . . above that are apparently beta versions.

williamwong:
I am having problem auto update my mt4 version, it is still build 610. Anyway to force it to update to latest?
Build 610 is current official release.

Btw I have a few copies running build 600 in my server, how to force them to upgrade?

Previously in my own local notebook, I actually have to download the new version, deinstall my old copy and install the new copy.

Just a quick question. Are the new compiled code compatible with the recent versions of the Terminal? Can ex4 compiled in the b. 616 run on 610, 604 or 600? Since it is supposedly "machine code", it should be possible, unless terminal structure changes. So, could anyone confirm?

Ovo:
Just a quick question. Are the new compiled code compatible with the recent versions of the Terminal? Can ex4 compiled in the b. 616 run on 610, 604 or 600? Since it is supposedly "machine code", it should be possible, unless terminal structure changes. So, could anyone confirm?
I'm a little sceptical about how close to true machine code the new EAs are... but code from the latest v616 compiler does seem to run on earlier builds (subject to any platform bugs, as opposed to compiler bugs, in those earlier builds).

gchrmt4:
I'm a little sceptical about how close to true machine code the new EAs are... but code from the latest v616 compiler does seem to run on earlier builds (subject to any platform bugs, as opposed to compiler bugs, in those earlier builds).

That is a good news. Thanks. I hope they mark (in)compatibility, if something changes.

williamwong:

Btw I have a few copies running build 600 in my server, how to force them to upgrade?

Previously in my own local notebook, I actually have to download the new version, deinstall my old copy and install the new copy.

btw my server versions were downloads from forex.com and Alpari.

Somehow my mt4 hangs after awhile running my expert.

1. I would like to ask if the demo server software needs to be upgraded when we run build 610? I downloaded build 610 from here, but connects to the demo servers in various brokers by adding the address. Could this hang be due to the broker server does not support build 610?

2. Is there any tool/technique to check if any part of my expert runs into infinite loop?

williamwong:

Somehow my mt4 hangs after awhile running my expert.

1. I would like to ask if the demo server software needs to be upgraded when we run build 610? I downloaded build 610 from here, but connects to the demo servers in various brokers by adding the address. Could this hang be due to the broker server does not support build 610?

2. Is there any tool/technique to check if any part of my expert runs into infinite loop?

And I am able to perform a backtesting with strategy tester without hanging. Very strange. Appreciate if there is a way to detect what is causing the hang.

williamwong:

And I am able to perform a backtesting with strategy tester without hanging. Very strange. Appreciate if there is a way to detect what is causing the hang.
I can only think to one way, by checking your code.
Reason: