MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 610 - page 26

SDC:

I have an issue with debugger in MT4 builds 614 & 616. Editor builds 900 & 904. Debugger loads the indicator to a chart but there is no output in the debugger windows, add watch is greyed out. Breakpoint appears to work but only to pause the debugger at that point. No output in the debugger. I tested that on my own code and included alligator code.

Also less of an issue but profiler only works some of the time, it works on included indicators but not on my own code that compiled with no errors. It loads my indicator to a new chart then immediately unloads it and closes the chart, but no errors reported in the log.

Can anyone confirm the debugger issue ? I really need that debugger it was working on an earlier build when I tested it a couple of weeks ago.

Tested with build 616. Debugger is working with a custom indicator. However the profiler isn't working with the same indicator, it immediately stops. (but the profiler is working well with an EA).

So I made some more tests, with an other indicator and this one is working (profiler). The main difference between the two is that the first used an other indicator (iBands), if I comment the lines with iBands the profiler is now working. Debugger is working well with the second indicator also.

1. Is there any way to manually make MT4 check for an update?

2. Wish List item: MQL: a real volume pre-defined variable like Volume[], something like RealVolume[].

3. 2 words, Renko charts. Other platforms have this capability built in. ie., Ninja trader.

angevoyageur:

Tested with build 616. Debugger is working with a custom indicator. However the profiler isn't working with the same indicator, it immediately stops. (but the profiler is working well with an EA).

So I made some more tests, with an other indicator and this one is working (profiler). The main difference between the two is that the first used an other indicator (iBands), if I comment the lines with iBands the profiler is now working. Debugger is working well with the second indicator also.

I tested debugger in 616 (ME 904) on ATR, Bands and Alligator and on my own custome indicator, debugger runs but add watch is greyed out on all of them so I can't do anything with debugger. Which custom indicator did you use ?

SDC:
I tested debugger in 616 (ME 904) on ATR, Bands and Alligator and on my own custome indicator, debugger runs but add watch is greyed out on all of them so I can't do anything with debugger. Which custom indicator did you use ?
Add watch is only available when execution is paused. Did you place a breakpoint ?

Ahhh ok yes I get it now, I did place a breakpoint while debugger was running so I thought I should be able to add a watch at the same time, I just tried it again and waited for the next tick so it would stop at the breakpoint and this time it lets me add a watch, it seems to be working thanks angevoyageur.

another small problem, already exist in 509 and 610:

if a EA using a long period MA like MA(1000)

and history (or chart?) has not this much records for related period, then EA do not work. it could try to refresh bars, instead of not to start working.

or a message to user required: refresh your chart's bar data..

I have win7
uac disabled
I re-installed mt4
This time the installation did not create folder in roaming \ etc .....

but it remains a problem:
when compiling a file that I compile all the best browser .... or codes that run on open charts at that time ..

Why?

If you turn UAC off MT4 will create the data folder in the installation directory. I dont know why your compiler is recompiling everything though, mine isn't doing that. Did it do that when you had UAC on ? Maybe someone else can tell you more about it.

and I hope;
but it is really boring always compile all ...
but I do not understand why!
I did several tests, it gives me the same bug ..
it is very strange ...
and metaquotes no answer?

I am having problem auto update my mt4 version, it is still build 610. Anyway to force it to update to latest?
Reason: