MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 610 - page 22

angevoyageur:
Ok, thank you.
Hot top: the list of Magazines in the Market currently includes the edition of TASC from 2016/11 (which must have fallen into the present from the future through some sort of wormhole). Big profits to be made by using it to work out what happens in the markets between now and November 2016!

gchrmt4:
It's available from the MetaQuotes test server. Main purpose appears to be including metaviewer.dll, presumably for the magazines mentioned in relation to MT5 at https://forum.mql4.com/46992/page3#916775

Really? I've updated to 613 via demo.metaquotes.net:444, but:

$ find /c/Progs/MetaTrader4/MetaQuotes -name '*.dll'
/c/Progs/MetaTrader4/MetaQuotes/mql.dll
/c/Progs/MetaTrader4/MetaQuotes/MQL4/Scripts/Examples/DLL/Libraries/DLLSample.dll

micclly:

Really? I've updated to 613 via demo.metaquotes.net:444, but:

It's a COM object, which is shared across all instances, and gets installed into the Windows system directory rather than each individual MT4 installation. The update downloads both 32-bit and 64-bit DLLs (metaviewer.dll and metaviewer64.dll), and then installs whichever is applicable to the operating system.

gchrmt4:
It's a COM object, which is shared across all instances, and gets installed into the Windows system directory rather than each individual MT4 installation.

I got it, thanks.

I´ve discovered a BUG in build 610. Whenever you compile something in Metaeditor, each EA currently attached to a chart is re-initialized, regardless of the EA you compile. So each time I compile something in Metaeditor, whatever it is, each EA that is attached to a chart and is running in live trading mode gets reinitialized. In previous builds (509) of course only the EA that you re-compile and that was attached to a chart get reinitialized. This is pretty bad because the EAs that were attached to a chart and are reinitialized also lose their parameters and are reseted to their default parameters.

Can someone else confirm this too?

chidrios:

I´ve discovered a BUG in build 610. Whenever you compile something in Metaeditor, each EA currently attached to a chart is re-initialized, regardless of the EA you compile. So each time I compile something in Metaeditor, whatever it is, each EA that is attached to a chart and is running in live trading mode gets reinitialized. In previous builds (509) of course only the EA that you re-compile and that was attached to a chart get reinitialized. This is pretty bad because the EAs that were attached to a chart and are reinitialized also lose their parameters and are reseted to their default parameters.

Can someone else confirm this too?

Already reported...somewhere.

what does SYMBOL_PATH means?

SymbolInfoString(Symbol(), SYMBOL_PATH))

got empty result

For the MetaQuotes-New MT4 Test server,

SymbolInfoString("EURUSD", SYMBOL_PATH)) Should it return the "Forex\EURUSD"?

I use a old version script call a library: symbolslib.ex4

experts\include\symbolslib.mqh

experts\libraries\symbolslib.mq4

experts\libraries\symbolslib.ex4

my script run on old version mt4 ok, but got error under new version mt4:

Cannot open file 'D:\mt4\ForexTime\MQL4\Scripts\symbolslib.ex4' [2]

I had put the file to the right path:

MQL4\Libraries\symbolslib.ex4

on the same time, call to stdlib.ex4 is ok, I don't know why it cannot find other library.

ray:

what does SYMBOL_PATH means?

SymbolInfoString(Symbol(), SYMBOL_PATH))

got empty result

For the MetaQuotes-New MT4 Test server,

SymbolInfoString("EURUSD", SYMBOL_PATH)) Should it return the "Forex\EURUSD"?

See this topic https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/149725

This bug is fixed in build 613.

ray:

I use a old version script call a library: symbolslib.ex4

experts\include\symbolslib.mqh

experts\libraries\symbolslib.mq4

experts\libraries\symbolslib.ex4

my script run on old version mt4 ok, but got error under new version mt4:

Cannot open file 'D:\mt4\ForexTime\MQL4\Scripts\symbolslib.ex4' [2]

I had put the file to the right path:

MQL4\Libraries\symbolslib.ex4

on the same time, call to stdlib.ex4 is ok, I don't know why it cannot find other library.

Difficult to say without the code, can you post it ?
Reason: