MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 610 - page 20

keithg59:

There is one thing that you Guys may be able to help me with, or at least understand and that is why my email alerts have ceased to function. I have been running two versions of MT4 with 2 different Brokers for the last few years and have had email alerts functioning successfully for that time. Since the udate to Build 600 on Friday (21st Feb 2014), all emails have stopped from both platforms.

The Journal today reports the following:

2014.02.26 16:44:54.699 Mail: login to smtp.mail.yahoo.com failed
2014.02.26 16:44:54.699 Mail: 535 5.7.0 (#MBR100) Please verify your account by going to https://login.yahoo.com

This is extremely frustrating as I have already verified my account and cannot see a way of doing so again and as nothing has changed, other than the Build, I have to point the finger at MT4.

I have looked at installing 3rd party software to manage the process, but why would I want to do that when MT4 is supposed to manage the process and has been doing so until last Friday?

Any help/advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

I can only suggest you to report this to ServiceDesk (on mql5.com).

keithg59: least understand and that is why my email alerts have ceased to function. I have been running two versions of MT4 with 2 different Brokers for the last few years and have had email alerts functioning successfully for that time. Since the udate to Build 600 on Friday (21st Feb 2014), all emails have stopped from both platforms.

It has been YEARS since yahoo allowed unencrypted mail. MT4 has NEVER provided encrypted mail. I don't believe you've "had email alerts functioning successfully" via MQL4.

WHRoeder:
It has been YEARS since yahoo allowed unencrypted mail. MT4 has NEVER provided encrypted mail. I don't believe you've "had email alerts functioning successfully" via MQL4.

For angevoyaguer, thankyou for at least responding.

I didn't ask if you believed me or not and your response is why forums such as this are a complete waste of time. If you're incapable of a sensible and polite response, don't bother responding at all

I'm not sure why I'm bothering, but you may wish to see the image below which is a screen shot from my computer of an email sent to a hotmail account from a yahoo account. I had it set up this way so that I didn't have to sit in front of a screen all the time but was instead notified of an event which I could then respond to. You may also wish to take note of the 'From' detail and the date which is a little bit more recent than 'years'!

keithg59:

For angevoyaguer, thankyou for at least responding.

I didn't ask if you believed me or not and your response is why forums such as this are a complete waste of time. If you're incapable of a sensible and polite response, don't bother responding at all

I'm not sure why I'm bothering, but you may wish to see the image below which is a screen shot from my computer of an email sent to a hotmail account from a yahoo account. I had it set up this way so that I didn't have to sit in front of a screen all the time but was instead notified of an event which I could then respond to. You may also wish to take note of the 'From' detail and the date which is a little bit more recent than 'years'!

I agree with you about WHRoeder answer.

But there is nothing we can do on this forum, only the programmers team of Metaquotes can eventually resolve it, and you can talk to them via mql5.com on the ServiceDesk.

keithg59:

my email alerts have ceased to function....Since the udate to Build 600

Have you tried build 610? You're posting on the 610 thread, but said build 600 in your question. This was supposed to have been fixed in build 610.

keithg59:

There is one thing that you Guys may be able to help me with, or at least understand and that is why my email alerts have ceased to function. I have been running two versions of MT4 with 2 different Brokers for the last few years and have had email alerts functioning successfully for that time. Since the udate to Build 600 on Friday (21st Feb 2014), all emails have stopped from both platforms.

2014.02.26 16:44:54.699 Mail: 535 5.7.0 (#MBR100) Please verify your account by going to https://login.yahoo.com

This is extremely frustrating as I have already verified my account and cannot see a way of doing so again and as nothing has changed, other than the Build, I have to point the finger at MT4.

I have looked at installing 3rd party software to manage the process, but why would I want to do that when MT4 is supposed to manage the process and has been doing so until last Friday?

Any help/advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Build 600 is not the latest, and has a bug of mail alert. (Technically, it sends invalid RCPT from or From header from build 600 to 604).

You should try the latest build 610.

My thanks to those who took the trouble to reply. For some reason, my platform keeps trying to update, presumably to 610, but then doesn't do anything. I will clearly have to investigate further via the helpdesk.

Last time that happened to me I needed to right-click and run as Administrator.

Apologies, I should have said that I am running it as Administrator and it still isn't doing anything. I do have it installed on drive D: so I don't know if that makes a difference.

I have also found that I have got Build 610 on a different computer and the email doesn't work on that either. Attempts at getting to support have brought me back here!

Hi. I'm new to this website. This is my first post. Like some others here I have run into a problem with the new build 610. Let me just say that I know next to nothing about MQL4 code. A total noob I am. Trading I'm good at; MQL4, not so much. I've been looking at a number of the posts here, and there seem to be some pretty smart people who know this stuff. I don't know if anyone can help me, but I thought I would try.

I use an indicator that is freely available on the web called an RSI Histo Alert. Recently I downloaded a 610 MT4 to use as a demo, and the RSI began to malfunction. It still works on all of the 600 MT4's I have, so I know that the problem is with the new build. I know several people who also use this RSI and they have run into the same problem, so you would also be helping a number of others.

Here is a picture of the RSI working properly on build 600:

And here it is installed on build 610:

I know enough to have checked the settings on both and they are identical. So it is definitely the new build.

I can post a screen shot of the code if someone thinks they can help me. Maybe it just needs a minor tweak to get it to work. I don't know.

I also don't know if this is even an appropriate request to make. I went to the MetaQuote website looking for assistance, and was directed here. I understand that some of their guys hang out in this forum, so maybe one of them can take a look.

If there is any other information that is required please let me know. And if there isn't anything that anyone can do, tell me, and I'll be on my way. Or if there is some other website or place to go that might be able to help, I'd appreciate hearing about it. Thanks for your time.

Reason: