build 600 strings display different in tester report...

I have an ea compiled from build 509 that I input settings in tester and the string inputs are normal (509):

Then I use the same ea and run it in the strategy tester build 600:

You can see that the string inputs are strange numbers instead of the actual inputs. Why is this? Will this be fixed?

4evermaat:

I have an ea compiled from build 509 that I input settings in tester and the string inputs are normal (509):

Then I use the same ea and run it in the strategy tester build 600:

You can see that the string inputs are strange numbers instead of the actual inputs. Why is this? Will this be fixed?

Please report it to the Service Desk if you haven't already.

Am I right in saying that you ran the exact same test with the exact same set-up?

If so, it looks like SwingTrade has changed itself from True in the 509 run to False in the 60x run. If that is the case, it is the same behaviour I have experienced but now can't seem to recreate. Alexey, are you reading this!

If actually it's something you changed between runs then ignore my post.

Please send your EA to the ServiceDesk for investigations

Is your EA the same in both reports?

I see difference in the input variables section

stringo:

Is your EA the same in both reports?

I see difference in the input variables section

I think that is the issue being reported . . . strings: ".........Primary settings........" being converted to numbers: 106991296

RaptorUK:
I think that is the issue being reported . . . strings: ".........Primary settings........" being converted to numbers: 106991296

For example "CalculateProfitWithSwap' parameter present in the 2-nd report but abcent in the 1-st

stringo:

For example "CalculateProfitWithSwap' parameter present in the 2-nd report but abcent in the 1-st
I think it's just been cropped off . . . the first image has strings so there are fewer of the externs shown, the 2nd had numeric values so there is room for more of the externs.

stringo:
Please send your EA to the ServiceDesk for investigations
I can provide screenshots, logs, etc, but unlikely to send entire expert advisor.
RaptorUK:
I think it's just been cropped off . . . the first image has strings so there are fewer of the externs shown, the 2nd had numeric values so there is room for more of the externs.

Correct. It was just enough to show that the string inputs consistently were
Trevhib:

Am I right in saying that you ran the exact same test with the exact same set-up?

If so, it looks like SwingTrade has changed itself from True in the 509 run to False in the 60x run. If that is the case, it is the same behaviour I have experienced but now can't seem to recreate. Alexey, are you reading this!

If actually it's something you changed between runs then ignore my post.

yes. Same settings from what I can remember. But even if there was one or two changes....does not explain why all inputs that are strings are being displayed as some weird number.

------

The actual backtest seems to run ok in terms of calculations....so the inputs are being interpreted by the backtester correctly. It is the display in the report that is buggy.

Thanks everyone for their input. I will get around to the service desk sometime tomorrow. I don't know why MQ did not incorporate service desk into mql4.com website....especially if mt4 is still the breadwinner product.

This bug appears to be fixed in build 610

Thanks.

Reason: