How to use MT5 Standard Library in MT4 600+ Build ?

"while the language itself has been brought closer to MQL5 to the maximum possible extent. This means that MQL4 trading robot developers can now also enjoy all the advantages of OOP: classes and structures, inheritance, Standard Library, resources and much more"

Above is what the help documentation says but how to use MT5 Standard Library in MT4 600+ Build ? I have not found any includes or libraries included in this build.

Please, I am asking this question for the third time and yet no answer from MetaQoutes support!

Thanks in advance!

Fx18:

Above is what the help documentation says but how to use MT5 Standard Library in MT4 600+ Build ? I have not found any includes or libraries included in this build.

Please, I am asking this question for the third time and yet no answer from MetaQoutes support!

Did you ask MetaQuotes support ?

RaptorUK:
Did you ask MetaQuotes support ?

I posted my question(s) in the official announcement of Build 600: MetaTrader 4 Build 600 with Updated MQL4 Language and Market of Applications Released.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/149271/page34#906535

Is there another way to get in touch with MetaQoutes support?

Thanks

Fx18:

I posted my question(s) in the official announcement of Build 600: MetaTrader 4 Build 600 with Updated MQL4 Language and Market of Applications Released.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/149271/page34#906535

Is there another way to get in touch with MetaQoutes support?

Yes, contact the Service Desk <--- follow the instructions in the post that this link goes to.

RaptorUK:
Yes, contact the Service Desk <--- follow the instructions in the post that this link goes to.

Good to know, many thanks.

Fx18:

Thanks in advance!

You can't use the MT5 Standard Library with MT4. You have to use the MT4 Standard Library which is in development.

You can find what is currently available in MQL4\Include folder and sub-folders.

angevoyageur:

You can't use the MT5 Standard Library with MT4. You have to use the MT4 Standard Library which is in development.

You can find what is currently available in MQL4\Include folder and sub-folders.

Yes, this is why I asked because I did not find any new OOP classes under MQL4\Include like CExpert, CAccountInfo, COrderInfo etc. as with MT5 Standard Library. So you are saying that MT4 Standard Library is still in development. OK, many thanks for clarification.

Actually, this should be then mentioned in the official announcement of MetaTrader 4/MT4 Build 600 by MetaQuotes https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/149271

So instead of giving this below misleading information, it should be mentioned that MT4 Statndard Library is however still in development:

"while the language itself has been brought closer to MQL5 to the maximum possible extent. This means that MQL4 trading robot developers can now also enjoy all the advantages of OOP: classes and structures, inheritance, Standard Library, resources and much more"

You see what I mean, announcement is saying: developers can now .... And, if you click on the Standard Library link, you will be taken to MT5 Standard Library documentation website !!

I am still on the fence on whether I will continue to code for MT5 or not. Somehow, it seems that MT5 probably will die. So now, I am dealing with probability, just like in trading :-(

Fx18:

Yes, this is why I asked because I did not find any new OOP classes under MQL4\Include like CExpert, CAccountInfo, COrderInfo etc. as with MT5 Standard Library. So you are saying that MT4 Standard Library is still in development. OK, many thanks for clarification.

Actually, this should be then mentioned in the official announcement of MetaTrader 4/MT4 Build 600 by MetaQuotes https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/149271

So instead of giving this below misleading information, it should be mentioned that MT4 Statndard Library is however still in development:

"to the maximum possible extent"...MT5 and MT4 trading system are very different, I guess you already know that. So the Standard Library provided currently with MT4 is more limited than that of MT5. However I suppose that Metaquotes will improve that in a near future. But I doubt it's their priority for now.

Yes, sure I know the differences. Currently, MT4 Standard Library is still very limited compared with MT5. But your are right, this can't be now the priority on MQ todo list while they are quite busy with releasing hotfixes for MT4 new builds. Thanks!
Reason: