(MQL4 build 509) From where can I download last stable MT4 and MQL4 platform and how to block any UPDATES? - page 2

oddpip:

Let's make the assumption that this mess is not intentional... ^_^

MQ have not considered the option to set a fee for the stable version of MT4?
(To pay the extra costs for its development.)

I am sure many traders would be happy to pay for stability.

Forget a fee . . . just do what MQ want . . . move to MT5 and have done with it.

gchrmt4:
(You can block the updates - that information is all over the internet - but people on those other sites say that they've been banned from this forum for posting here on how to do things like that. I wonder if even this comment will survive moderation...)

I am not aware of such things, please do not spread rumors.

From what it seems MQL5 is a bit better than MQL4 ...But i cant understand, why is there MQL5, when brokers don't even use it

That is like Microsoft releasing Windows 8, but every computer on the market is sold & pre-installed with Windows 7 .. its crazy !!

angevoyageur:
I am not aware of such things, please do not spread rumors.
(It might perhaps not be true, but there are easily available first-hand sources for things like this and therefore it's not a "rumor" unless rumor means something different in French. e.g. http://www.donnaforex.com/forum/index.php?topic=12240.0.)

Thus far, I have clicked NO to update when permission is requested. I don't know how much longer it will let me use the old build for. Does it depend on each broker? Will there come a date when only the new build is supported?

gchrmt4:
(It might perhaps not be true, but there are easily available first-hand sources for things like this and therefore it's not a "rumor" unless rumor means something different in French. e.g. http://www.donnaforex.com/forum/index.php?topic=12240.0.)

Ok, I will investigate.

NotUnctuous:
Thus far, I have clicked NO to update when permission is requested. I don't know how much longer it will let me use the old build for. Does it depend on each broker? Will there come a date when only the new build is supported?
Yes. I have seen the Summer mentioned in the Russian Forum.
Reason: