Build 600 upgrade - zigzag indicator does not work as before - page 2

RaptorUK:
What about the majority of MT4 Users that never visit this forum ? should they be ignored ?

RaptorUK,

I do not know why I keep getting this way to post instead of a separate post. I do not have time in my busy schedule to visit these forums, especially when some of the threads are over 30 pages. I have been a MetaTrader programmer since 2005 and active on many forums in the past. I have become busy programming and have not has as much time to visit forums. I found out about the forced upgrade by changing the server on Metaquotes version. When I started FXDD there was no warning of any kind and the new version is now on FXDD as well. I am no longer live trading because I do not trust the new build as many of my tools no longer work correctly on the demo account. My live account platform is still build 509. I suspect if I start it the upgrade will happen, even though I removed the LiveUpdate.exe and the LiveUpdate folder. I am not a hobbyist coder, I am a professional Software Engineer in the industry since the mid 70's. First computer language was machine code and hand assembly.

MrPip:

RaptorUK,

I do not know why I keep getting this way to post instead of a separate post.

You need to type your reply outside of the dotted line that signifies the post you are quoting . . .

My point was that MetaQuotes do not have the contact details for all users so cannot contact them to let them know what is going on . . . the Brokers do have the MT4 Users contact details and should have let users know what was going on. Not last week or the week before . . but months ago.

qjol:
just for the fun, i took the standard old zigzag & put it in the B604 version & its working just fine, i dont know what your problem is.

interesting thanks.

I tried it in build 600 as that is what has been released to me via my brokers.

the error i got was for line 199 - at the end of this function (default: return;) --- function must return a value ZigZagOriginal.mq4 199 19

any ideas?

am i able to use build 604 even if it was not released by my brokers? is there any risk to doing this?

switch(whatlookfor)
        {
         case 0: // look for peak or lawn 
            if (lastlow==0 && lasthigh==0)
              {
               if (HighMapBuffer[shift]!=0)
                 {
                  lasthigh=High[shift];
                  lasthighpos=shift;
                  whatlookfor=-1;
                  ZigzagBuffer[shift]=lasthigh;
                  res=1;
                 }
               if (LowMapBuffer[shift]!=0)
                 {
                  lastlow=Low[shift];
                  lastlowpos=shift;
                  whatlookfor=1;
                  ZigzagBuffer[shift]=lastlow;
                  res=1;
                 }
              }
             break;  
         case 1: // look for peak
            if (LowMapBuffer[shift]!=0.0 && LowMapBuffer[shift]<lastlow && HighMapBuffer[shift]==0.0)
              {
               ZigzagBuffer[lastlowpos]=0.0;
               lastlowpos=shift;
               lastlow=LowMapBuffer[shift];
               res=1;
              }
            if (HighMapBuffer[shift]!=0.0 && LowMapBuffer[shift]==0.0)
              {
               lasthigh=HighMapBuffer[shift];
               lasthighpos=shift;
               whatlookfor=-1;
               res=1;
              }   
            break;               
         case -1: // look for lawn
            if (HighMapBuffer[shift]!=0.0 && HighMapBuffer[shift]>lasthigh && LowMapBuffer[shift]==0.0)
              {
               ZigzagBuffer[lasthighpos]=0.0;
               lasthighpos=shift;
               lasthigh=HighMapBuffer[shift];
              }
            if (LowMapBuffer[shift]!=0.0 && HighMapBuffer[shift]==0.0)
              {
               lastlow=LowMapBuffer[shift];
               lastlowpos=shift;
               whatlookfor=1;
              }   
            break;               
         default: return; 
        }

so ? big deal ? then return something, like

default: return(0); 

FMIC:

Stop posting the same message all over the place. If you have a grievance, then take it with MetaQuotes directly.

We are just users like you and have nothing to with it. At least we are trying to adapt and make the best of it.

Try a white shirt...it'll get you closer to the goal of being useful.

qjol:

so ? big deal ? then return something, like

thanks - now you point it out it seems obvious.

RaptorUK:

My point was that MetaQuotes do not have the contact details for all users so cannot contact them to let them know what is going on . . . the Brokers do have the MT4 Users contact details and should have let users know what was going on. Not last week or the week before . . but months ago.

But they can obviously contact to every terminal. Too bad that the update is not marketing stuff, othwerwise we already had a tab for it.

Months ago we all knew something will happen, noone knew when until 5 days before that.

And even then, some of my terminals updated 6-7 days later.

(Brokers send apologize mails on a possible 10 minute connection problems with exact times.)

szgy74:

But they can obviously contact to every terminal. Too bad that the update is not marketing stuff, othwerwise we already had a tab for it.

Months ago we all knew something will happen, noone knew when until 5 days before that.

And even then, some of my terminals updated 6-7 days later.

(Brokers send apologize mails on a possible 10 minute connection problems with exact times.)

We all have understood your point about unwanted tab. Can you please stop flooding the forum with that, and try to move forward ? Thank you.

it would also seem that the changes that were made, mean that this indicator no longer works in optimization.

I imagine what is happening is that everytime a combination comes up where backstep is less than depth, it just stops.

settings used

Depth 4-12 step by 2

Deviation 2-10 step by 2

Backstep 2-10 step by 2

i have reported this to their helpdesk.

The ZigZag fails moment there is at lastbar of the period a highest and lowest value of the period

ZigZag is not made well it should be not red line ZigZag 5 3 3 but yellow line see picture

Reason: