custom indicator/ EA not shown under indicators tab

Dear Sir/Madam

I have customs indicators for mt4 platform, that I have downloaded from the net. The forum owner says its an EA and I have copied it under c:/program files/broker mt4/experts folder. when I restart my mt4 platform, I can't locate the EA ( its not shown) under "Navigator Tab". I have even copied it under c:/program files/broker mt4/experts/indicators/ and still, its nt shown under "customs indicator" as I thought maybe it could be a customs indicator. Could you please advise me as to how I can fix this problem?

I'm not sure if this information will help: I run Windows 7 professional, 32 bit, 2gb memory,2ghz Amd processor, hp laptop. My broker is FXCM, mt 4, version 4.00, build 600.

A total number of custom indicators that I have is 52. Is there a limit to customs indicators that I can have? If so, what is the limit?

I have attached that EA/indicator so as to check if there are problems.

Kind Regards

Abie

Files:

Abzozo1:
I have copied it under c:/program files/broker mt4/experts folder.
mt 4, version 4.00, build 600.
Read the other posts about builds 600+. Bogus location.

Abzozo1:

Dear Sir/Madam

I have customs indicators for mt4 platform, that I have downloaded from the net. The forum owner says its an EA and I have copied it under c:/program files/broker mt4/experts folder. when I restart my mt4 platform, I can't locate the EA ( its not shown) under "Navigator Tab". I have even copied it under c:/program files/broker mt4/experts/indicators/ and still, its nt shown under "customs indicator" as I thought maybe it could be a customs indicator. Could you please advise me as to how I can fix this problem?

I'm not sure if this information will help: I run Windows 7 professional, 32 bit, 2gb memory,2ghz Amd processor, hp laptop. My broker is FXCM, mt 4, version 4.00, build 600.

A total number of custom indicators that I have is 52. Is there a limit to customs indicators that I can have? If so, what is the limit?

I have attached that EA/indicator so as to check if there are problems.

Kind Regards

Abie

This is an indicator, not an EA. You have to place it in Indicators sub-folder.

See this procedure : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/149368

I to can't find my EA system in my Expert Advisors: I have follower the steps all the way to 5) Find expert indicator & Scripts-subfloder. But I don't know what you mean when you say to copy my ex4 file in the appropriate folder I have been trying for three days now to get this I some kind of way i found this site. O yell this is a demo account as well.

I have a phone number that is about to get disconnected so I don't mine giving out that number for a call if that will make thing better as well. I about to go and get something to eat and will keep this page up until I get back and will F/U for my answer. ty

Is there's any one out here who can help. If someone comes on and can could you email me at ward.william@yahoo.com please.

ty,

1218:

Is there's any one out here who can help. If someone comes on and can could you email me at ward.william@yahoo.com please.

ty,

Do you like SPAM ? why publish your email address on an open Forum ?

Where did you copy your EA to ? what folder ?

What folder do you get when you click File > Open Data Folder ?

WHRoeder:
Read the other posts about builds 600+. Bogus location.

Ok Thanks, will do.

RaptorUK:

Do you like SPAM ? why publish your email address on an open Forum ?

Where did you copy your EA to ? what folder ?

What folder do you get when you click File > Open Data Folder ?

Hi RaptorUK

I get c:/users/my name/appdata/roaming/metaQuotes/terminal/B2999.......coc8

I dont think this look right. Am I not supposed to change it to c:/program files/my broker/experts/indicators?

Abzozo1:

Hi RaptorUK

I get c:/users/my name/appdata/roaming/metaQuotes/terminal/B2999.......coc8

I dont think this look right. Am I not supposed to change it to c:/program files/my broker/experts/indicators?

No . . . please do as I suggested and see what happens, just try with one Indicator to test . . . then when you see it works you can copy over all your other Indicators and then come back here and say . . . "thank you"

angevoyageur:

This is an indicator, not an EA. You have to place it in Indicators sub-folder.

See this procedure : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/149368

Thanks guys, it works now. I followed the steps mentioned in the link above.

Thanks once more.

Abzozo

Reason: