Tester in new build 604 doesn't work correct - page 10

angevoyageur:
I understand. However only time can bring all answers.

Thanks AV.

kekkis:

Are you using spread control script or fixed spread, when backtesting and comparing results ?

The spread controller. However, we know it can't dodgy spreads alone that's causing the differences in results because the number of trades is quite different (as well as profit/dd), and spread issues would not cause less trades on this particular bot. On another bot in testing we see the number of trades much more similar but the profit figures still quite different. These outcomes then would suggest, possibly, more than one problem then.

Edit - I do suspect our code may need altering somewhere but until data/MT4.5 bugs/issues can be eliminated and the build/compiler is accepted/static we're not going down that semi-lit alleyway.

hello, i've possibly solved my problem. all comparisons goes powerfull, after build 610 upgrade.

critical issue is about 509 and 610 chart bar date-time values and, possibly date-time variables in our codes, 32(old)-64(new) bit datetime data types need to be debugged, to be sure about date-time functions is correctly working in migrated code. (i've used alpari real servers and the hst tick data imported from 509, and bars produced using period converter script under 610 as raptoruk suggested.)

my first succesfull results make me happy. stick with MQ :)

509:

610:

i wish a mql4 designer gives us information about block organization of old and new date-time variables, and how to avoid risky staments of date-time variables/functions, while migrating old code..

cbalta:

i wish a mql4 designer gives us information about block organization of old and new date-time variables, and how to avoid risky staments of date-time variables/functions, while migrating old code..

Sorry but I don't see how this can be a problem ?

cbalta:

hi SDC, there are many high quality sold or public ea's. you can test a real (EA built 509 ex4) under 509 and 604, you will see differences. we are real developers here. your test code is not enogh to show risks. we proved our codes, comparing with years of future tests.

but even 509 ex4 runs different under 509 and under 604.

currently, i can not run my code under 604, because, proved codes will work in different way. i can not accept this. i have to UNDERSTAND what is different bw. compilers/executions. these risks forces me looking for alternative development environments. we spend our lives for current provings. this was not a game.

meanwhile, i'm coding during last 20 years..

I asked you twice already to provide examples of this non working code so we could test and discover the cause but you did not respond either time. I provided the basic test code, modify it to demonstrate the issues you are talking about.

SDC:

I asked you twice already to provide examples of this non working code so we could test and discover the cause but you did not respond either time. I provided the basic test code, modify it to demonstrate the issues you are talking about.
sorry, i could not work during the week days.

angevoyageur:
Sorry but I don't see how this can be a problem ?

i don't know, how variables are defined in memory, if a 509 build ex4 run under 610.

and some old codes having some longint types, refering to some parts of dates, or full date.

possibly my fault was chart bar's times, only. but other migrated date-time related code may have risk.

meanwhile, an ea working and testing (M1) pretty fast under 509, but under 610 test, it becomes very slow. i'm trying to find slowing (migrated) statement..

cbalta: i wish a mql4 designer gives us information about block organization of old and new date-time variables, and how to avoid risky staments of date-time variables/functions, while migrating old code..
The only difference I know of is "string" + Time[x] previously returned "string1392475560" where now you get "string2014.02.15 14:47" Use "string" + (ulong) Time[x] instead.

hi, build 610 made some EA tests very slow. possibly related with variable scopes (old mql4). some variables continuously created or initialized on each tick?

in build 604, ea test speed was good. in build 509, again good speed. test results are consistent, but tester became very slow for some ea's..

Reason: