MT4 updates and 24/7 EAs (and other questions)

If there is an update to MT4 and I am a running an EA 24/7, what happens? Does it just keep going as normal? Or does it auto-update then restart itself?

Can you run two different EAs on two different chart windows on the same account (same terminal)?

How many instances of MT4 can I have running at once?

Cheers

eempc:

If there is an update to MT4 and I am a running an EA 24/7, what happens? Does it just keep going as normal? Or does it auto-update then restart itself?

Nothing. The update is only when you restart the platform and the restart is not automatic.

Can you run two different EAs on two different chart windows on the same account (same terminal)?

Yes, if the two EAs are well coded.

Cheers

Dozens, not sure about the limit, if any.

eempc:

The update only takes effect when you restart the MT4 terminal.

You can run an EA on each of several charts, you can run different EAs on several charts, you can run the same EA on several charts . . . what governs if this works correctly is how the EAs have been coded, there is a risk that one of the EAs will interfere with the Orders placed by the other EAs, but if coded correctly this can be easily avoided.

It has been reported that there is now a limit of 32 MT4 Terminals running.

Reason: