MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 604

MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 604

1. Terminal: improved routing of trade requests when several of them are sent simultaneously from different MQL4 applications.
  2. MQL4: fixed operation of ArrayBsearch binary search function for signed integer arrays.
  3. MQL4: improved managing Expert Advisor re-initialization.
  4. MQL4: improved debugging of MQL4 applications.
  5. Fixed errors reported on the forum and in crash logs.

The update is available through the LiveUpdate system.

Hi

I rerun the installer mt4.exe but on opening the mt4, its still v600. Pls advise how to update to v603. The installer was download from the broker site

ymleong:

Hi

I rerun the installer mt4.exe but on opening the mt4, its still v600. Pls advise how to update to v603. The installer was download from the broker site

Ask your broker.

My MT4 installation seems to be missing the LiveUpdate system.

Can this be installed separately?

If yes where to get it?

If not, where to get newest builds?

MetaQuotes:

Fixed errors reported on the forum and in crash logs.

It would be nice to know specifically which ones?

It does not seem as if any broker is pushing out this build yet. Not even the demo server by MetaQuotes (demo.metaquotes.net:443), is pushing it out yet. I've tried and it is still on build 600.

EDIT: Correction, it just updated now on the demo server by MetaQuotes (demo.metaquotes.net:443) as well as on my broker RoboForex too.

angevoyageur:

Ask your broker.

Several brokers have stated something along the lines of:

"MetaQuotes now retains the capability of auto-updating your MT terminal independently of [broker]

"Unfortunately, updates to the MetaTrader 4 terminal are beyond our control....you are welcome to go to the MQL4.com forum and track the latest build"

Would you or another MQ mod like to clarify for the trading community exactly how the update process works? The updates just don't "appear", there is a sequence from MQ to end user (trader) terminal. It seems that very often the brokers themselves are unaware of updates until they "appear" in the form of a trouble ticket to their support desk.

4evermaat:

Several brokers have stated something along the lines of:

"MetaQuotes now retains the capability of auto-updating your MT terminal independently of [broker]

"Unfortunately, updates to the MetaTrader 4 terminal are beyond our control....you are welcome to go to the MQL4.com forum and track the latest build"

Would you or another MQ mod like to clarify for the trading community exactly how the update process works? The updates just don't "appear", there is a sequence from MQ to end user (trader) terminal. It seems that very often the brokers themselves are unaware of updates until they "appear" in the form of a trouble ticket to their support desk.

I don't have inside information but in my opinion it's not true. The update process is initiate when you start the platform and there is a connection to a server. The connection is with the trade server of the broker. So the update is initiate by this trade server, after that it's possible that the downloaded update comes from Metaquotes, but it's an other matter.

It's easy for a broker to give such reply, they flee their responsibilities. In all cases, the trader is the customer of the broker and not of Metaquotes. And the broker is the customer of Metaquotes, what's happening beween the broker and Metaquotes is not the problem of the trader and can never be an excuse.

This is only my opinion.

angevoyageur:

I don't have inside information but in my opinion it's not true. The update process is initiate when you start the platform and there is a connection to a server. The connection is with the trade server of the broker. So the update is initiate by this trade server, after that it's possible that the downloaded update comes from Metaquotes, but it's an other matter.

It's easy for a broker to give such reply, they flee their responsibilities. In all cases, the trader is the customer of the broker and not of Metaquotes. And the broker is the customer of Metaquotes, what's happening beween the broker and Metaquotes is not the problem of the trader and can never be an excuse.

This is only my opinion.

Hi Angevoyageur

I actually called the MQL support in Singapore branch, they say all updates are from their network (?) now. Yesterday they told me to redownload the broker mt4.exe and i just hv to reinstall into the same C:|program files x86\.... folder it will replace the old exe

On opening the mt4, its still v600. When I called back, metaquotes support staff in SG checked with his colleague and told me that sorry metaquote have roll back to v600. So it may not be official yet.

From v509, I hv already noticed that update.exe (or similar name) has been "missing" when I installed mt4. It used to come as part of the mt4 installation.

I wish metaquote will make it clear when we can expect that fix, its quite disruptive for traders using commerical EA/trade copiers etc. Meanwhile I am happy to report that in the recent ended ExcelMarkets 1 mth contest from 7Jan to 7Feb has ended and I am placed 8th. Results will be confirmed and finalised soon. So dispute the hair tearing experiences of fixing trade copier with Jonathan (I cant post the url here), it was fixed somewhat to work somewhat.

The auto mapping ability of v600 is a great for me who subscribe to signals a lot. Smile & patience everybody, we are traders and we will survive! Pls anybody who needs help or support u can google for metaquote support and call your nearest local support. I am lucky that MQL has an offshore office right here where I stayed. If u need some help to that url pls PM me as I am not familiar with whether I can kick out if I post url related to mt4 support url here

ymleong:
  1. I actually called the MQL support in Singapore branch, they say all updates are from their network (?).
  2. Meanwhile I am happy to report that in the recent ended ExcelMarkets 1 mth contest from 7Jan to 7Feb has ended and I am placed 8th.
  3. I wish metaquote will make it clear when we can expect that fix,
  1. That's nice to know .... thx.
  2. Congrats :)
  3. You could try this:
  • File>Open-An-Account.
  • Enter your info.
  • Search for Meta-Quotes Server.
  • Select the Demo-Server.

Should update to 603 when connected. Then you can go back and log-onto your broker.

ubzen:
  1. That's nice to know .... thx.
  2. Congrats :)
  3. You could try this:
  • File>Open-An-Account.
  • Enter your info.
  • Search for Meta-Quotes Server.
  • Select the Demo-Server.

Should update to 603 when connected. Then you can go back and log-onto your broker.

Hi which metaquote server shld I search for? U meant the actual original metaquote mt4? I am somewhat lost, do u mind doing a screen print. After I select that demo server, shld I just logon with my live id and password and get that server ID from my broker to logon to the correct broker server?

pls PM me and I can give ur my skype so that I can share screen w u. The newest trade copier from xxx company will work w v603 (hopefully). In my EM 3mths contest, currently I am placed 50th so I am hopeful since I got another 2 mths to go to get somewhere. Meanwhile EM has started its Mar contest. Thanks a lot.

Reason: