MT4 build 600 email alert using GMX not working anymore

Previously on build 509 the GMX for the email alert works fine, but after the update to build 600, it doesn't work anymore.

This is the setting I use for version 509:

SMTP server: mail.gmx.com:587
SMTP login: email@gmx.com
SMTP password: *****

To: email@gmx.com

now the error is this: Mail: login to mail.gmx.com:587 failed

I even have tried using SMTP server: mail.gmx.com:465 but still cannot.

Please help. Thanks.

trader02:

Previously on build 509 the GMX for the email alert works fine, but after the update to build 600, it doesn't work anymore.

This is the setting I use for version 509:

SMTP server: mail.gmx.com:587
SMTP login: email@gmx.com
SMTP password: *****

To: email@gmx.com

now the error is this: Mail: login to mail.gmx.com:587 failed

I even have tried using SMTP server: mail.gmx.com:465 but still cannot.

Please help. Thanks.

Have you tried to re-enter the password ?

I, and as far as I know ALL GMX users have the exact same problem with build 600 .

I use e-mail alerts as a virtual take profit so when I get my alert I start trailing by candle. Like this I stay away from the screen so my emotions do not take over while watching a trade. Today this virtual profit target on my 1:2 Risk VS Reward got hit (but I did not receive my alert email to trail) 2 hours later my SL got hit. So my 650$ profit trade turned into a 325$ loss. :-(

Why my answer was deleted ? The link was for free app anyway and the link was given before, here in this forum.

<Links removed>

Advertising isn't allowed on this forum.

angevoyageur:
Advertising isn't allowed on this forum.

What advertising ?, it's free app anyway.

And why did you delete my link to MQL4 search and google search ?

onewithzachy:

What advertising ?, it's free app anyway.

And why did you delete my link to MQL4 search and google search ?

An Advertisement for a free product is still an Advertisement.

RaptorUK:
An Advertisement for a free product is still an Advertisement.

I didn't see what the link was... but what about all the users whose profile contains a link to a website which offers products or programming services? Every post they make is, in effect, an advertisement.

And you yourself have participated in several discussions about Birt's scripts at http://<self-censored>, without flagging that as advertising. Is it only advertising if it is for a service which the moderators don't personally find useful?

gchrmt4:

I didn't see what the link was... but what about all the users whose profile contains a link to a website which offers products or programming services? Every post they make is, in effect, an advertisement.

And you yourself have participated in several discussions about Birt's scripts at http://<self-censored>, without flagging that as advertising. Is it only advertising if it is for a service which the moderators don't personally find useful?

MetaQuotes have previously said that links in a Users profile are allowed.

The rules say . . . "5. Posting of advertising messages, spamming and flooding are forbidden. " how would you choose to interpret that ?

angevoyageur:

Have you tried to re-enter the password ?

Same issue here.

10 different brokers, working on 509, same error "535 Authentication credentials invalid" after update to 600.

But credentials was the same as before, and yes, re-enter the password not solve the issue.

Any other suggest?

Thks in advance.

RaptorUK:

The rules say . . . "5. Posting of advertising messages, spamming and flooding are forbidden. " how would you choose to interpret that ?

I still don't know what the link was, but I wouldn't interpret a link to a free service as an "advertising message" given that you, a moderator of this forum, have posted extensively on subjects related to a well-known third-party service which includes both free and paid-for elements.

EDIT: looking back at the history, you've even gone as far as suggesting to people that they may need to pay <self-censored> some money.

EDIT: and there's rarely a discussion of IDEs on this forum without someone suggesting and posting a link to something like Notep<ooops... self-censored again>++. These links never get flagged as advertising.

Reason: