MetaTrader 4 Build 600 with Updated MQL4 Language and Market of Applications Released - page 5

Hello, how is possible to know (externally from MT4) the Data Path?

Internally (from an ea) there is the function "string terminal_data_path=TerminalInfoString(TERMINAL_DATA_PATH);"

But an installer of an ex4 expert advisor how can know where to save the ex4 file?

Hpw to downgrade back to 509

My EA is going Crazy!!! in the 600

How To Disable the Code Base Tag!!!

And the Signal tag!!

MY MT4 in the VPS no need! to load the data!

klam2404:

Hpw to downgrade back to 509

Apparently . . . reinstall 509 over the top . . . but if you got 600 from your Broker it will just get updated again.

klam2404:

How To Disable the Code Base Tag!!!

And the Signal tag!!

I don't think you can.

No files or folders are deleted during the update! All file copy operations including used file paths are fixed in the terminal Journal during the update.

According to me this is not true! All my set files are gone!!! Nothing is mentioned in the part 'Automatic Copying of MQL4 Programs When Updating from Older Builds' about set files while they are quite important. Of course I have made a backup but between my last backup and the automatic upgrade today I have created several set files which are gone now! Quite a lot of work! And the upgrade was done automatically, so no choice to backup my data before the upgrade.

My set files have been messed with too. Something definitely happened to at least one of our bots (whether it's related to set files or not I don't know). It saved us from a 22pt loss anyway. Never usually that lucky.

Performance seems really slow in Strategy Tester in the new MT4 build 600. I compared the performance for optimizing an EA. Execution time on went from 5 seconds to 2 minutes. I still got an old installation so I could compare the performance easily. The language improvements are good, but not if optimization time is 20 times slower. How can I improve performance?

/André

I think there is probably an issue with your EA did you check the log files for errors and such ?

I wrote a simple EA to test the new version. It makes a new trade every time the previous one ends. EA includes some randomization so total amount of trades will vary between tests. I ran the test a few times without making any changes to the test parameters. I think the first time takes longer total time because it was the first test on the new terminal. It probably created new files or something. I am not sure why the first test processed a different amount of bars/tick events/bar states though. All four tests were the same 1 week test, over the same dates. That might be something to watch out for, I'm going to change the dates and see if that happens again.

Backtest length: 1 week. Pair: EURUSD. Timeframe: H1.

Test 1: EURUSD,H1: 174530 tick events (488 bars, 174898 bar states) processed within 593 ms (total time 30842 ms)

Test 2: EURUSD,H1: 174237 tick events (1120 bars, 175237 bar states) processed within 577 ms (total time 4976 ms)

Test 3: EURUSD,H1: 174237 tick events (1120 bars, 175237 bar states) processed within 749 ms (total time 5179 ms)

Removed all debugging print statements prior to test 4 made it go a lot faster:

Test 4: EURUSD,H1: 174237 tick events (1120 bars, 175237 bar states) processed within 343 ms (total time 4665 ms)

Update: New Test Dates: 2 weeks this time.

Test 1: EURUSD,H1: 307786 tick events (1239 bars, 308786 bar states) processed within 624 ms (total time 5304 ms) 1817 trades.

Test 2: EURUSD,H1: 307786 tick events (1239 bars, 308786 bar states) processed within 624 ms (total time 5226 ms) 1854 trades.

Test 3: EURUSD,H1: 307786 tick events (1239 bars, 308786 bar states) processed within 655 ms (total time 5226 ms) 1831 trades.

Test 4: EURUSD,H1: 307786 tick events (1239 bars, 308786 bar states) processed within 608 ms (total time 5117 ms) 1828 trades.

Test was consistant this time, I would rate the performance as pretty good. It was 90% modeling quality too.

My question here for people from MetaQuotes (not for moderator).

Does .ex4 that was compiled using build 600 can be decompiled ?

If it can not be decompiled anymore, what measure does MQ uses/takes to make it not decompile-able ?

ps : my english suck

I find the way back to 509 downgrade

here is the update file download here

"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MetaQuotes\WebInstall"

Copy the 509 back to here

and copy the 509 to the programe file dir

temp not upgrade again,

Warning: before you downgrade, must be have backup to restore,

this is remove all the data history, account info!

I think wait the bug fix version then upgrade again!!

onewithzachy:

My question here for people from MetaQuotes (not for moderator).

Does .ex4 that was compiled using build 600 can be decompiled ?

If it can not be decompiled anymore, what measure does MQ uses/takes to make it not decompile-able ?

ps : my english suck

I think no need to decompiled anymore,

this is, it may upload your EA to the market.

So who still need to decompile!?

Reason: