MetaTrader 4 Build 600 with Updated MQL4 Language and Market of Applications Released - page 34

rod178:

Yes - exactly. MT5 will probably be replaced bt MT4(600+)

I downloaded the new Help for MT4 build 600

totally useless - eg did a search on ObjectCreate and OBJ_TREND

Why would you search the Terminal help for a coding reference ?

Search the MetaEditor Help . . .

So far, I have used MetaTrader 5/MT5 as I am a pure OOP developer and I am quite comfortable with MetaTrader 5/MQL5 standard library. Unfortunately, MT5 is poorly supported or not offered by most european brokers. Also, other drawbacks like no tick data and no hedging.

All right, so now it is time for me to try out MetaTrader 4 Build 600 in order to get out of this dilemma.

After I have installed MetaTrader 4 Build 600 (fresh installation) and started the new MetaEditor 5.0 Build 883, I am not sure about quite a few things, and here are my questions:

1) I am not able to compile even a very simple class inherited from a MT5 base class, e.g. CExpert. This is because CExpert declaration is not found anywhere (and other MT5 classes out of the standard library).

Where are these includes/libraries?

2) How to use MT5 Wizard in the new MetaEditor as described in help documentation?

I am not able to select any trading signals, money management and trailing stop methods as I can do in MT5.

3) Can we now test multi-currency strategies in MT4 Build 600 like in MT5 Strategy Tester?

4) MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 604 is still a 32-bit version in contrast to MetaTrader 5. Will MetaQuotes release a 64-bit MT4 Client Terminal version in the near future?

MT5 64-bit version has much better performance but sure more memory usage.

IMHO, we have a release that includes a terrible and ugly mix up of procedural and OOP MT development environment, and that comes with poor OOP help documentation as opposed to MT5 docs.

Also, I think it would have been a better way to provide a non-USA MetaTrader 5 version with enabled hedging option, open tick data API than to release such a mix up version.

I am pretty confused about the roadmap of MetaQuotes, will MT4 be fully replaced by MT5 or the way around? I think that we all need a clearer direction.

RaptorUK:

Why would you search the Terminal help for a coding reference ?

Search the MetaEditor Help . . .

I did - for some reason it did not download/load on the initial attempt. All working now and it does, after all, state the new required Paramenter. "Chart identifier" (ie for ObjectCreate)

It would have made more sense that MetaQuotes provided a list of Functions that have 'new behaviour, instead of the trial and error approach. I suspect that many as yet undiscovered (by myself) may be rather obscure.

Hey friends I was using this code well before MT4 updated to build 600 .. but now it's not working well.

I get an error 130

And it was not before the update

kindly guide me some one ..

if(OK == true)
     {   
       double TL = ObjectGetValueByShift("TL2",0);

if(Bid >= TL && Low[0] < TL)
       {
         int ticket_s = OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,order_lot,Bid,3,0,0,NULL,MagicNumber,0,CLR_NONE);
         double SL_s = TL + (250 * Point);         
         OrderModify(ticket_s,OrderOpenPrice(),SL_s,0,0,CLR_NONE);
       }
     }

Hmm Error 130 used be be the old error with ECN brokers, that was fixed a wile back! I hope it's not come back!

see thread Is OrderSend() function now able to send ECN trades (with SL and TP) by itself?

You should be able to send SL,TP in OrderSend.

Also see RaptorUK's post What are Function return values ? How do I use them ?

RaptorUK:
I asked the Service Desk the question about the online documentation . . . they replied that it will be updated this week

Hey thanks for getting that info. I will just sit back and enjoy the circus until then.. PipPip... Jimdandy

topikuning:

I'm updated my MT4, but my anti virus detected this threat.

I have tried to re-download the update from another broker. but same threat came up.

any suggestion?

I had the same problem.

It is not true that is a false positive as the moderator says.

It seems that they already removed the virus. Try the installation again.

Perseuz:

I had the same problem.

It is not true that is a false positive as the moderator says.

i just turn off my anti virus for few minute,after download n install,on the anti virus again. (norton anti)

Perseuz:

What is your proof of this? The few suites that report it was a virus just say it is encryption/compression of an executable that looks like a virus trying to hide itself

From Avira TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen link

"File details Runtime packer:

In order to aggravate detection and reduce size of the file it is packed with a runtime packer."

Even Avira dont really think it's a virus as such.

I tested the performance of the 604 build vs 509: everything was the same, the EA and indicators were compiled again in build 604.

This program uses several symbols, timeframes, indicators, external indicators, reads from files and writes to files, does a lot of calculations.

Running time on 509 was 133 seconds, on 604 it was 132 seconds. Practically no difference.

Reason: