MetaTrader 4 Build 600 with Updated MQL4 Language and Market of Applications Released - page 2

alexvd:

Please read post above. You have to correct path

yes i changed the path correctly it stores only in local folder of mql4\files\ but when i try to move with ShellExecuteA the command is not working (but the compile is not telling any errors. everything is fine only it's not moving the files to c:\data\)

I realize you said above that ex4 files created prior to Build 600 will work in Build 600 if someone updates to Build 600 from a earlier version.

But on my end I downloaded Build 600 from a broker that already released Build 600 (so I didn't update from a earlier version).

After I installed it I went to MQL4/Experts and added about 20 EA ex4 files.

I then closed and reopened MT4, and not one of the EA's showed up in the Navigator. Only the two default ea's showed up.

There was also another folder "Experts" outside the MQL4 folder.

I added the EA's there too, but nothing showed up.

In a newer release can you create a build that will still work with all EA's and custom indicators created prior to Build 600?

Here you are:

You got it.

I'm using another PC using updated antivirus, still give me same threat.

topikuning:

Here you are:

I'm using another PC using updated antivirus, still give me same threat.

It's a false positive. Avira antivirus do the same since a certain time.

hifromeddie:

I realize you said above that ex4 files created prior to Build 600 will work in Build 600 if someone updates to Build 600 from a earlier version.

But on my end I downloaded Build 600 from a broker that already released Build 600 (so I didn't update from a earlier version).

After I installed it I went to MQL4/Experts and added about 20 EA ex4 files.

I then closed and reopened MT4, and not one of the EA's showed up in the Navigator. Only the two default ea's showed up.

There was also another folder "Experts" outside the MQL4 folder.

I added the EA's there too, but nothing showed up.

In a newer release can you create a build that will still work with all EA's and custom indicators created prior to Build 600?

Please read the first post, point 3. You have to use the Open data folder in File menu, to get the right folder to place your EA. Once you get the explorer window, use MQL4 then Experts folder.

d.saravana21:

yes i changed the path correctly it stores only in local folder of mql4\files\ but when i try to move with ShellExecuteA the command is not working (but the compile is not telling any errors. everything is fine only it's not moving the files to c:\data\)

You have to use ShellExecuteW instead of ShellExecuteA.

Strings are now presented in Unicode format, though they were in ANSI format (single byte ones) before. That should be considered if the program uses DLLs and passes string variables to them. When calling Windows API functions, Unicode versions of these functions should be used.

angevoyageur:
It's a false positive. Avira antivirus do the same since a certain time.

IT guy maybe know It. what about the other?

I think it's worth to be concern.

topikuning:

IT guy maybe know It. what about the other?

I think it's worth to be concern.

Ok, talk to your antivirus provider.

Please do not apply CPU restrictions.
Please enable it to use 509 as it is eternal.

okamirogers:
Please do not apply CPU restrictions.
Please enable it to use 509 as it is eternal.

How to reproduce it?
Reason: