MetaTrader 4 Build 600 with Updated MQL4 Language and Market of Applications Released - page 14

So at the moment, whilst our bots 'appear' to be working correctly in live (except one), we cannot back-test them effectively (to ensure they give the same result as previous versions), due it would seem, to one or more of the bugs currently in place with the new build.

Our back-tests run and (once the set file issues are accounted for), give repeatable results but the outcomes are not as before. In our case we believe it's most likely to do with the Init problems described in this and the build 574 thread (and/or potentially to do with the rearranging of OHLC in .hst files).

Our broker remains on build 600 for the moment. Another broker has felt the need to email all their clients due to the volume of client issues they were receiving. This build was just not ready. To do UAT on the global user-base is very poor.

a question ....
but maybe I'm wrong ... something I

when I go to compile a file I compile other files!??

I use the portable mode!

why rebuilds all the files!

something wrong??

also:
I delete all the former of indicators, expert and scripts ....
restart mt4 (portable)
I only recreates the former indicators and EA ... no scripts!!
boh!

who gives me a help?

alexvd:
Could you provide any screenshot, log records etc.

Investigated further - when I try to place a pending order I get 'please wait your order is being sent to the broker' which remains until trade times out. If I try to place another pending order after that it will execute straight away. On Metaquotes demo platform the issue is not apparent - if I login to my live broker accounts on the MQ platform the issue occurs on all of my live account regardless of the broker. If the platform is restarted the issue presents again in the same manner untile after 'trade timeout' then a pending order will execute. All on build 602.

Hi Alexvd,

Actually same thing here. On both demo and live accounts. About 80% of the orders and order modifications from my EAs are actually "trade timeout 128" errors with build 602. Lost 50% of my account because the stops are not being moved for a couple of mins.It keeps retrying to move the stops then "trade timeout 128". I am not sure if it affects all brokers or just some. I tested both Armada and IC markets live and they both have the same issue with build 602.

See attached for an example from the log, I hope this get sorted soon. I have had to suspend all trading at present.

Cheers, Sim

Files:
log.txt  1 kb

Raptor,

Is there a way to return to older than build 600 MT4 version and if yes, from where to get it?

The new one makes me too much trouble with this new file structure.

oliwand:

Hello,

The EA is placed in MQL4/Experts folder.

I've compiled it with the new metaeditor to verify it. It told me 0 error.

@ Alex

Could you please help me?

Thanks

simtrader:

Hi Alexvd,

Actually same thing here. On both demo and live accounts. About 80% of the orders and order modifications from my EAs are actually "trade timeout 128" errors with build 602. Lost 50% of my account because the stops are not being moved for a couple of mins.It keeps retrying to move the stops then "trade timeout 128". I am not sure if it affects all brokers or just some. I tested both Armada and IC markets live and they both have the same issue with build 602.

See attached for an example from the log, I hope this get sorted soon. I have had to suspend all trading at present.

Cheers, Sim

I've just tried to trade by test EA on demo.metaquotes.net:444. I haven't got "trade timeout" errors. Which server do you connect?

oliwand:

@ Alex

Could you please help me?

Thanks

I have to see your source. Anyway we need to reproduce the error to fix it.

@ Alexvd

Do you have solutions?

oliwand:

@ Alexvd

Do you have solutions?

They can only fix an error that they can see, if you don't give them a method to reproduce your error they can't see it. Help them help you . ..

oliwand:

@ Alexvd

Do you have solutions?

I send you the ex4 file:
Files:
lespirewea.ex4  22 kb
Reason: