MT4 Build509 Navigator / Indicators (Strange, They Still Appear?)

I'm moving indicators out of the Indicators folder (both ex4 and mq4) and the folder is empty but still appear in Navigator. Files can still be dropped on the chart -but not modified.

Strange and its difficult find whats causing the problem because I then delete the indicators folder and the indicators still appear in navagator.

MT4 was just installed after the computer was reset to factory settings only a day ago. I first noticed issues with navigator when files could not be deleted from MT4, but when the files were deleted from the directory the file was removed from navigator..

There wasn't a cache file in the folder but if it was moved or deleted it never regenerated.

So now the indicators folder is in the recycling bin but mt4' navigator still has these indicators to place on the chart

Subgenius:

I'm moving indicators out of the Indicators folder (both ex4 and mq4) and the folder is empty but still appear in Navigator. Files can still be dropped on the chart -but not modified.

Strange and its difficult find whats causing the problem because I then delete the indicators folder and the indicators still appear in navagator.

MT4 was just installed after the computer was reset to factory settings only a day ago. I first noticed issues with navigator when files could not be deleted from MT4, but when the files were deleted from the directory the file was removed from navigator..

There wasn't a cache file in the folder but if it was moved or deleted it never regenerated.

So now the indicators folder is in the recycling bin but mt4' navigator still has these indicators to place on the chart

Perhaps your files are in the Virtual Store ?

RaptorUK:
Perhaps your files are in the Virtual Store ?

i checked every folder. i am showing all windows files -just not system files,

What about is virtual store?

Subgenius:

i checked every folder. i am showing all windows files -just not system files,

What about is virtual store?

Virtual Store https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/139587

Subgenius: i checked every folder. i am showing all windows files -just not system files, What about is virtual store?

Try doing the following. Perhaps this will work ... Perhaps it wouldn't. But it might be easier.

Open the Terminal. Click on the Expert_Tab.

Right_Click with the Right_Mouse_Button inside the Window.

Select Open from the Menu_Items.

What Folder_Path does it give you?

ubzen:

Try doing the following. Perhaps this will work ... Perhaps it wouldn't. But it might be easier.

Open the Terminal. Click on the Expert_Tab.

Right_Click with the Right_Mouse_Button inside the Window.

Select Open from the Menu_Items.

What Folder_Path does it give you?

\experts\logs

\experts\indicators was deleted so i dont know how compatibility files can help.

(my windows 8 doesnt give me this option of seeing compatibity fils)

I can still drop custom indicators onto charts and there is no indicators folder anymore.

Subgenius:

• On your terminal, open the menu File.
  • Click on "Open data folder".
  • A window explorer opens, all the file use by your terminal are there.
  • For indicator, open MQL4 folder, then indicator. If you remove these file, they must disappear.

By the way you can remove your indicator directly from MetaEditor or from the Terminal.

angevoyageur:
  • On your terminal, open the menu File.
  • Click on "Open data folder".
  • A window explorer opens, all the file use by your terminal are there.
  • For indicator, open MQL4 folder, then indicator. If you remove these file, they must disappear.

By the way you can remove your indicator directly from MetaEditor or from the Terminal.

I made a macro to delete them all with winautomation

There is no "Open Data Folders" in the File menu.

Another problem i found was profiles coming back after they were removed.

Subgenius:

I made a macro to delete them all with winautomation

There is no "Open Data Folders" in the File menu.

Another problem i found was profiles coming back after they were removed.

Oops, sorry. I am too busy with new mql4 version and don't note you are talking about build 509. Sorry again.

angevoyageur:
Oops, sorry. I am too busy with new mql4 version and don't note you are talking about build 509. Sorry again.
You aren't the only one.

They are in the virtual store in 509 too.

C:\Users\windows username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\

Reason: