.hst file format . . . Old and New (Jan 2014) - page 2

Thank you "Ubzen", "RaptorUK" & "angevoyageur" for the details about the spread.

I just wanted to clarify things as I will need to update my "SpreadTracker" code for the new version of MT4/MQL4.

RaptorUK:
Link to this thread: .hst file format . . . Old and New (Jan 2014)

Sorry if this is a silly question, but why place a link to the thread within the thread itself.

Surely, if one is reading the thread, the link is already available to the person either from the URL in the browser or from Page links at the top of the page (i.e. Back to topics list | 1 2)

FMIC:

Sorry if this is a silly question, but why place a link to the thread within the thread itself.

Surely, if one is reading the thread, the link is already available to the person either from the URL in the browser or from Page links at the top of the page (i.e. Back to topics list | 1 2)

So if I need to post a link to the thread I can simply come here and copy it without having to make it again. .hst file format . . . Old and New (Jan 2014)

Here's another question.

We paid our broker for an app that gives download access to all their historic data, across all instruments and in all time formats. What is produced from a download is a .txt file to the desktop that can then be imported using the MT4 history centre.

The question is, with the formatting changes, will there be any problem downloading and importing into build 60x terminals, pre-60x broker data?

Trevhib:

Here's another question.

We paid our broker for an app that gives download access to all their historic data, across all instruments and in all time formats. What is produced from a download is a .txt file to the desktop that can then be imported using the MT4 history centre.

The question is, with the formatting changes, will there be any problem downloading and importing into build 60x terminals, pre-60x broker data?

Your question isn't really relevant to this thread but I'll give my opinion/answer anyway.

Your data in txt form will be a CSV file I assume, it holds date, OHLC and maybe volume. Build 604 needs the same data as build 509 and earlier . . . the only thing you need to check, do it with a small, 50 records, version of your txt file is that you have the columns, Date, Open, High, Low, Close, Volume, in the correct order for the 60x History Center . . . so painstakingly check that when you import the small txt file into the History center that the imported values are correct and not transposed. If the order of the columns is correct for your 50 record txt file it will be correct for your full size txt file and your data should import correctly.

I've not done this with 60x but I have done it with the original (pre 509 build) MT4.

Importing .hst files is another matter an I assume that the History Center will detect the .hst version and adjust automatically . . . I haven't tested this though.

Good ideas Raptor, thank you. Yes, you're right, comma separated values in a .txt file.

I suppose I first need to check to make sure sample data from both before and after the MT4 build changes is the same order, both within the CSV file and then once imported (i.e. ensure it doesn't swap round either side of the build changes). And then also check that this imported data matches properly with the streaming data coming in (to check HL are the right way round for both).

I didn't know whether it was worth starting a new thread. I supposed the formatting changes to .hst's and the knock-on affects this has when handling them were quite closely aligned. But then how could anyone know from the thread title that this was being discussed within it.

Cheers mate,

I was able to alter 7bit's offline_charts header with that information :)

RaptorUK, many tx for latest HST Format. We wrote small tool called HSTViewer for MT4 community, as usually complementary. Whoever needs to verify or visualize HST files from old and new builds can use it.

Hey guys. Might be an off-topic (sorry for that) but I'd like to ask if .hst is the data format MT4 requires? I want to import some external chart data and would like to find out what format has it to be in?

Thanks!
Reason: