shortcut keys specific to strategy tester functions....

I wanted to know if there were shortcut keys specific to strategy tester functions:

start/stop testing

PAUSE testing

I'm particularly interested in the pause testing shortcut, without having to click the mouse.

4evermaat:

I wanted to know if there were shortcut keys specific to strategy tester functions:

start/stop testing

PAUSE testing

I'm particularly interested in the pause testing shortcut, without having to click the mouse.

Pause/Break my laptop doesn't have one so I mapped Windows + Delete to Pause

RaptorUK:

Thanks. I can verify in visual mode that the pause/break key does pause the backtester. And the F12 button steps forward each tick one by one.

The only thing missing is the ability or shortcut key to step backwards or go backwards in a large chunk. Any ideas here?

4evermaat:

Thanks. I can verify in visual mode that the pause/break key does pause the backtester. And the F12 button steps forward each tick one by one.

The only thing missing is the ability or shortcut key to step backwards or go backwards in a large chunk. Any ideas here?

Step back is Shift + F12, to move bigger chunks use PgUp and PgDown and Home and End.

RaptorUK:
Step back is Shift + F12, to move bigger chunks use PgUp and PgDown and Home and End.

I'm sorry, I didn't clarify. I meant that F12 steps the ticks of the tester forward. So the actual EA is being backtested each tick also by tapping F12.

pressing SHIFT + F12/PgUp/PgDn/Home/End only moves the chart view; it does not actually affect calculations. I was looking for something that could "rewind" the ticks in such a way as to then go forward from a certain point. I suppose there is the "skip to" date feature next to the pause button, but this only has day granularity; I want to be able to step forward and backwards in the actual backtest calculations.

Try it yourself. You will see that pause/break key and F12 key will affect the entire backtesting of the EA. The other buttons only shift the chart view.

4evermaat:

I'm sorry, I didn't clarify. I meant that F12 steps the ticks of the tester forward. So the actual EA is being backtested each tick also by tapping F12.

pressing SHIFT + F12/PgUp/PgDn/Home/End only moves the chart view; it does not actually affect calculations. I was looking for something that could "rewind" the ticks in such a way as to then go forward from a certain point.

You can't do this with the MT4 Strategy Tester.

RaptorUK:

Raptor (for President, lol), please more info on this - how to map in Windows.

Thank you,

Best regards,

Simon

S love nia

Reason: