MetaTrader 4 Build 574 with Updated MQL4 Language and Market of Applications Released - page 9

Alabarce:

https://www.forex-tsd.com/metatrader-4/32924-metatrader-known-bugs-11.html#post657595

When IndicatorCounted() is called from offline charts, it always return 0 as a result.

It is happening regardless of the way how ticks are simulated and is causing indicators to recalculate all the bars all the time.

It is happening in the new metatrader 4 as well as in metatrader 4 build 509.

It is not related to the updated MQL language. It is caused by the PostMessage sent to refresh the offline chart; if applied to a regular TF chart, its IndicatorCounted evaluates to zero as well. It would be nice if they told us, what message to send if I need to refresh only the last bar or two. Nevertheless I would not call it a bug, because the message indeed reloads the entire chart (if you change any bar, it becomes visible).

Ovo:

It is not related to the updated MQL language. It is caused by the PostMessage sent to refresh the offline chart; if applied to a regular TF chart, its IndicatorCounted evaluates to zero as well. It would be nice if they told us, what message to send if I need to refresh only the last bar or two. Nevertheless I would not call it a bug, because the message indeed reloads the entire chart (if you change any bar, it becomes visible).

Hi Guys, Everything works this end for me, just a few compiler warnings that are easy to solve in terms of code.

However, the exception is I cannot install anything from the market tab. When I click on "download" in the market tab, it simply says "Installation is Failed".

I don't quite understand it. I have given all folder and subfolders "full control options" tuned off UAC in windows 7 everything I can think off.

It will not install anything, free or demo ? Have I miss something obvious ? Anyone else seen and solved this ?

I suspect it may be a windows thing. I could not update from 509 to the 574 beta until I check "run as administrator" under permissions, even though I am logged on as administrator.

Any suggestions ?, thanks loads, Cheers,

Sim

simtrader:

Hi Guys, Everything works this end for me, just a few compiler warnings that are easy to solve in terms of code.

However, the exception is I cannot install anything from the market tab. When I click on "download" in the market tab, it simply says "Installation is Failed".

I don't quite understand it. I have given all folder and subfolders "full control options" tuned off UAC in windows 7 everything I can think off.

It will not install anything, free or demo ? Have I miss something obvious ? Anyone else seen and solved this ?

I suspect it may be a windows thing. I could not update from 509 to the 574 beta until I check "run as administrator" under permissions, even though I am logged on as administrator.

Any suggestions ?, thanks loads, Cheers,

I doubt that the MT4 Market is actually live yet . . .

Ovo:
Well, though you cannot trade when the market is closed, you still can generate ticks to fire the OnTick event, same way as for the old 509. Script attached.

Thanks Ovo, but I think this trick will not help me to debug my visual backtest in MT4 via the new MetaEditor due to othe fact that only "live" EA can be debugged, and as I do not have new prices with this trick it will not help me :-(

The actual MT4 has that nice looking which can be activated from within the right-click-mouse-menu over a chart: One-Click-Trading Alt-T

Will this work in the strategy-tester as well? Either to train manual trading or to develop new strategies.

I can apply this goody on the chart of a chart opened by a strategy tester, but the buttons will trade the account where I am logged in :(

gooly

gooly:

The actual MT4 has that nice looking which can be activated from within the right-click-mouse-menu over a chart: One-Click-Trading Alt-T

Will this work in the strategy-tester as well? Either to train manual trading or to develop new strategies.

I can apply this goody on the chart of a chart opened by a strategy tester, but the buttons will trade the account where I am logged in :(

gooly

I doubt that. But your EA may create custom buttons on the chart now, and you may read their status in your OnTick event handler.

Hmm, I just downloaded this demo version and tested an external DLL; https://www.mql5.com/en/code/8435

This DLL uses HTTP to POST data and parse a response. Since all my EA's use this DLL and almost a thousand users use these EA's....I'd like this DLL to continue working in the new MT4 version.

However, it does not work!

I'll need an alternative, or this needs to be fixed, or I'll have to send a mass-email to all our users instructing how to block the MT4 update (NTFS rights, easy), and to lobby at their broker.

Does MQL5 have any effective HTTP methods I could adopt? As I understand it, I should be able to use MQL5 in my code now as well?

jos_nmi:

Hmm, I just downloaded this demo version and tested an external DLL; https://www.mql5.com/en/code/8435

This DLL uses HTTP to POST data and parse a response. Since all my EA's use this DLL and almost a thousand users use these EA's....I'd like this DLL to continue working in the new MT4 version.

Perhaps you could give a little more information than "it does not work" ? how did you test ? what exactly did you do ? old.ex4, newly compiled .ex4 ?

It cannot work, it uses ansi strings and string arrays. This dll is a dead end with the MQL+.

Nevertheless it should work with ex4 in compatibility mode, just be careful where you place the dll - use the original location (experts/libraries), rather than MQL4/libraries.

jos_nmi:

I'll need an alternative, or this needs to be fixed, or I'll have to send a mass-email to all our users instructing how to block the MT4 update (NTFS rights, easy), and to lobby at their broker.

Does MQL5 have any effective HTTP methods I could adopt? As I understand it, I should be able to use MQL5 in my code now as well?

See if this https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/73 can help.
Reason: