MetaTrader 4 Build 574 with Updated MQL4 Language and Market of Applications Released - page 7

I noticed that charts from the Strategy tester (marked as Visual) become offline after the terminal restarts. Not sure if it is intended behaviour, they used to vanish in the 509.

in strategy tester optimization you cannot variate enum variables, just like you cannot bools.

any plans to implement that?

The ObjChartSample script, from mt5, compiled as mq4,

gives no compilation errors. Installed in mt4 v 574, sample problems viewing and operation.

I think some of these problems is due to problems with the Beta.

The buttons work, except those that change Timeframes mt4 not have.

But the buttons that hide groups of buttons, if pressed, they no longer show button group.

There are also problems of visualization, and looks very different as shown in mt5.

The attached zip has the necessary files. Copy the 3 files to the folder Scripts

Files:
objectchart.zip  98 kb

Noticed this in the English Metaeditor help file . . .

Program Properties (#property)

Every mql4-program allows to specify additional specific parameters named #property that help client terminal in proper servicing for programs without the necessity to launch them explicitly. This concerns external settings of indicators, first of all. Properties described in included files are completely ignored. Properties must be specified in the main mq4-file.

#property identifier value

The compiler will write declared values in the configuration of the module executed.

Constant

Type

Description

strict

Указание компилятору на применение особого строго режима проверки ошибок

RaptorUK:

Noticed this in the English Metaeditor help file . . .

Thanks for your message. This will be fixed in the new help file.

Does anyone know how I get the standard behaviour with externs and comments ? I don't want input behaviour where the variable name is replaced in the Inputs box with the comment that follows the variable declaration . . . I want standard extern behaviour where the variable name is used . . . and yes I want to keep my comments where they are . . . from what I have seen I can't.

Wouldn't it make sense for input to use the same behaviour as mql5 but extern to keep the same behaviour as "old" mql4 ? I didn't realise there was a mql5 extern too . . .

RaptorUK:

Does anyone know how I get the standard behaviour with externs and comments ? I don't want input behaviour where the variable name is replaced in the Inputs box with the comment that follows the variable declaration . . . I want standard extern behaviour where the variable name is used . . . and yes I want to keep my comments where they are . . . from what I have seen I can't.

Wouldn't it make sense for input to use the same behaviour as mql5 but extern to keep the same behaviour as "old" mql4 ? I didn't realise there was a mql5 extern too . . .

Until Metaquotes offers a solution, one can use double comments in line as a work around. Like this:

extern bool      my_input_var=True;     /* Parameter Name */ // My comments 

I have a question about meaning of the delivered include files. What is their use and how are they maintained? Will they become a standard? I did not mention them to be documented in the help file, and the inline comments in the files are far away from standard.

It is just a formal question, as I cannot see a good reason for using any of them.

xaphod:

Until Metaquotes offers a solution, one can use double comments in line as a work around. Like this:

Great idea . . . thank you.

Ovo:

I have a question about meaning of the delivered include files. What is their use and how are they maintained? Will they become a standard? I did not mention them to be documented in the help file, and the inline comments in the files are far away from standard.

It is just a formal question, as I cannot see a good reason for using any of them.

The files in Include directories are the Standard Library provided with MT4. They contain classes that shouldn't be changed as they are updated with MT4 new build. See documentation of mql5.
Reason: