MetaTrader 4 Build 574 with Updated MQL4 Language and Market of Applications Released - page 37

Ovo:

Is it true, that since 582 it converts the old offline file format on the fly?

That's what I'd assumed from https://forum.mql4.com/60417/page8#901119. Haven't tested it myself.

ubzen:
In my opinion, places like ff, tsd and others usually have pretty strong mql programmers. Do you not believe they'll update their programs?

There are tens of thousands of programs out there, many of them forgotten by the developers, it's practically impossible to update, rewrite, debug them all again.

I wonder when will MetaQuotes people see a real company in real business with real money that allows software updates the way they do it.

It seems they are still in the garage. But probably there is a license file somewhere which says they are not responsible for anything.

szgy74: There are tens of thousands of programs out there, many of them forgotten by the developers, it's practically impossible to update, rewrite, debug them all again. I wonder when will MetaQuotes people see a real company in real business with real money that allows software updates the way they do it. It seems they are still in the garage. But probably there is a license file somewhere which says they are not responsible for anything.

Microsoft and Apple don't care if my apps from 5_years ago still works, Why should Meta-Quotes?

I have programs like corel_photoshop which came with my old computer_xp. Xp compatibility mode still doesn't let me install these programs. Thats just one example. Don't even get me started with Apple. Software companies come up with new_version of everything every year. Most of these websites do-not even maintain drivers for devices I purchased 3 years ago. When playstation goes from 2->3 || 3->4. All my favorite games from ps1,2,3 become useless. Where is the backward compatibility there? I'm pretty sure I've seen this clause from billion dollar software companies "that operating system is no longer supported". Good Luck.

If people think that all scripts || ea || indicators ever stock_piled online should always be usable within meta-trader then they should perhaps ask what happened to mt1 || mt2 || mt3.

ubzen:

Microsoft and Apple don't care if my apps from 5_years ago still works [...]

(This has a strong risk of going - even more - off-topic... but you're mixing up companies with completely different business models, and you're mixing up hardware developers and software developers. There will always be exceptions relating to specific products which they can't control, but Microsoft care very much about backward compatibility, and their Windows + Office cash cow would be in the abattoir by now without it. Rather than asking what happened to MT1, MT2, and MT3, you should instead be asking what happened to MT5 - it's got a trivially small userbase, quite largely because it has no backward-compatibility with MT4.)

Images show in the problem, because surely not have believed it.

Built with:

StringConcatenate ()

NormalizeDouble(OrderProfit(), 1)

Comment().

If built with DoubleToStr(OrderProfit(), 1), the error does not appear.

In version 509 and above has always worked well.

ubzen:

Microsoft and Apple don't care if my apps from 5_years ago still works, Why should Meta-Quotes?

I have programs like corel_photoshop which came with my old computer_xp. Xp compatibility mode still doesn't let me install these programs. Thats just one example. Don't even get me started with Apple. Software companies come up with new_version of everything every year. Most of these websites do-not even maintain drivers for devices I purchased 3 years ago. When playstation goes from 2->3 || 3>4. All my favorite games from ps1,2,3 become useless. Where is the backward compatibility there? I'm pretty sure I've seen this clause from billion dollar software companies "that operating system is no longer supported". Good Luck.

If people think that all scripts || ea || indicators ever stock_piled online should always be usable within meta-trader then they should perhaps ask what happened to mt1 || mt2 || mt3.

I don't mind if MQ said, "old .ex4s will no longer run, you must modify your code for it to work in new MT4" . . . but they didn't. If you want to run your old XP OS on your old PC you can, even though Microsoft no longer support it . . . try making a live trade with MT4 build 225 I don't mind progress, I welcome it, but don't promise me X and then tell me it's going to be something very different to X just a few days from release day . . . why is it asking too much to be give some comprehensive information ?

Alabarce:
Images show in the problem, because surely not have believed it.

What problem ? can you describe it please, what are we supposed to be seeing wrong/right in the image ?

No works well NormalizeDouble ()

And randomly displays a string of 15 decimal, instead of showing just 1 decimal.

I think this may be the basis of many biggest errors in any part of an code.

Also not shown correctly Ticket number that should appear in the first column.

Instead strange characters appear.

I did it with the Strategy Tester, but in the real-time graph, the problem also appears.

RaptorUK: If you want to run your old XP OS on your old PC you can, even though Microsoft no longer support it ...

I could say the same for Built 225. I could say the same for Windows 95.

Yes, I could run it ... but no one (metaQuotes || Brokers || Microsoft ) is going to support it.

The lack-of continuing support is what renders the software useless.

RaptorUK: I don't mind if MQ said, "old .ex4s will no longer run, you must modify your code for it to work in new MT4"

Yeah, I agree. Its an issue of what they said and didn't deliver 100%. From the beginning I called -bs-. Then I also seen the history format change coming. I don't think most companies in the real-world deliver 100% on their promises. I'm just glad mt4 is still around.

If they said we must modify our codes ... this wouldn't be an issue ... or would it?

Reason: