Symbol list not saving

I've researched the boards and came across the "rename Terminal.ini file and restart" method, unfortunately that did not work. A new Terminal.ini was never created (it should have been, right?). In fact, I eventually removed the Terminal.ini and still no new Terminal.ini created...strange, huh?

I am using Windows 8.1.

I have been using MT4 for a few years with no problems, but just recently got a new computer. MT4 was working for a few days, then all of a sudden, the "Default" profile was not saving on exiting and my Symbol list was defaulting to original list. I uninstalled MT4 and installed again. That didn't work.

Then tried the Terminal.ini method..no luck there.

Any idea what to do next.

Thanks.

You installed in \program files* and thus are having UAC problems? I had to install outside AND run as admin on windows 8.0

Yes, installed in Program Files (x86) folder.

Not sure I understand what you mean by "had to install outside AND run as admin on windows 8.0". How would I do that?

Ok, so I installed it again but this time created a folder directly on the C drive (not in the Program Files folders) and so far it seems to be working properly.

As a note: I saved some of the folders (indicators, templates) and brought them over to the new install as those folders had files that I did not want to re-create.

Thanks for the help on this.

Reason: