Where is the Account window? To see balance, profit etc?

Hi, after 15 minutes of searching for the account window that would show, balance, profit etc. I finally gave up.

Really? 15 minutes to find the account window? Who designed this? I'm a relatively intelligent human being, and I can't believe they would design a system that requires and extensive search of the platform and the internet to find out how to see the balance in the account..

I've checked all the icons in sight, menu items, clicked all the possible links I can find, searched the internet, looked for faq's, and finally had to resort to this forum to learn how to see the balance in a trading account..

MQL designers (take note)

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

View > Terminal > Trade Tab.

Yeh it's annoying.... wait till you realise Ask price is not plotter, or even recorded at all.... just... unbelievable.

but if you want the ease of working with MT4 brokers, you have to accept it (it's better than learning many new proprietary platforms, even if they are all better designed)

In MT4 some figures you have to print on the chart to see.. you can find indicators for that.

Some figures are in the terminal (Ctrl+T).

okay, thanks. I found it.

moneycode:

Hi, after 15 minutes of searching for the account window that would show, balance, profit etc. I finally gave up.

Really? 15 minutes to find the account window? Who designed this? I'm a relatively intelligent human being, and I can't believe they would design a system that requires and extensive search of the platform and the internet to find out how to see the balance in the account..

I've checked all the icons in sight, menu items, clicked all the possible links I can find, searched the internet, looked for faq's, and finally had to resort to this forum to learn how to see the balance in a trading account..

MQL designers (take note)

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

You have to learn to search :

1. F1 to open help file
  2. Click on Search tab
  3. Tape in "account balance"
  4. Check the results

Normally Account balance is visible by default when a new platform is installed. Maybe it's not your case for 1 reason or an other.

alladir:

Yeh it's annoying.... wait till you realise Ask price is not plotter, or even recorded at all.... just... unbelievable.

but if you want the ease of working with MT4 brokers, you have to accept it (it's better than learning many new proprietary platforms, even if they are all better designed)

In MT4 some figures you have to print on the chart to see.. you can find indicators for that.

Some figures are in the terminal (Ctrl+T).

I'm trying to run a strategy test on 1 min chart, for a few month back. It's not showing any results o.0000

but when the strategy is running live, it has results. is there a setting I'm overlooking? I'm testign the same strategy that I have running live, so I assume it would be making results in testing but it doesnt' seem to be.

I tried the close price setting. Now I'm going to have to try to run it in tick setting I guess, but that seems like it would take forever to run more 4 months of testing.

angevoyageur:

You have to learn to search :

1. F1 to open help file
  2. Click on Search tab
  3. Tape in "account balance"
  4. Check the results

Normally Account balance is visible by default when a new platform is installed. Maybe it's not your case for 1 reason or an other.

I did search there, but I searched in index tab rather than the "search" tab.

thanks, that helps

alladir: wait till you realise Ask price is not plotter
unless you turn it on.

WHRoeder:
unless you turn it on.

And in MT5, ask is recorded as well.
Reason: