Crosshair keeps disappearing after dragging

I have used mt4 for so many years and this is a constant problem. On dragging the crosshair, it keeps disappering before I can drag it to point B from point A to measure the number of pips. I've tried pressing shift, control, and alt with it, but it still disappears before I can reach point B. Is there a fix to this, is it my mouse (dont think so, I've used other mice, still same problem). I'm using windows vista.

I'm also annoyed by this.. I think it's normal.

The best I can offer is Ctrl+F or middle mouse button to re-enable it each time.

No it cant be normal. Seems to a bug. Sometimes, the crosshair disappears just by clicking on the chart, without dragging. Measuring pips has been impossible with this, but its what its supposed to do.

ctl:
No it cant be normal. Seems to a bug. Sometimes, the crosshair disappears just by clicking on the chart, without dragging. Measuring pips has been impossible with this, but its what its supposed to do.

It works as it was designed to, you click the + ICON, click and hold on the chart then drag while holding the mouse button. When you release the mouse button the crosshairs are removed . . .

There is a solution for MT5, check the Market

Well it doesnt work as designed for me, and apparently others have the same problem.

ctl:
Well it doesnt work as designed for me, and apparently others have the same problem.
Do you mean it doesn't work as I described it ? or do you mean that it does but the result doesn't meet your needs ?

As per my first comment "On dragging the crosshair, it keeps disappering before I can drag it to point B from point A to measure the number of pips. I've tried pressing shift, control, and alt with it, but it still disappears before I can reach point B." Also sometimes I dont even have to drag, I just left-click on the chart and the crosshair disappears. I have this same issue with MT5.

ctl:
As per my first comment "On dragging the crosshair, it keeps disappering before I can drag it to point B from point A to measure the number of pips. I've tried pressing shift, control, and alt with it, but it still disappears before I can reach point B." Also sometimes I dont even have to drag, I just left-click on the chart and the crosshair disappears. I have this same issue with MT5.
It sounds like you have a switch bounce issue on your mouse/trackpad. Can you try an alternate mouse ? or perhaps you have some other application or mql4 code taking focus away from mt4 . . .

I did consider the mouse, but this is my 3rd, the second being wireless. I've just tried deleting all other applications (except antivirus which doesnt allow me to delete) after reading ur post, restart mt4 and try the crosshair, still same issue.

ctl:
Also sometimes I dont even have to drag, I just left-click on the chart and the crosshair disappears. I have this same issue with MT5.
Just to be clear . . . you must not click the button . . . you must hold it down and drag.

yes, held down and dragged, like a sadist
Reason: