Why do older indicators no longer work since Build 500? Does anyone care?

I wanted to ask you a couple questions that have got me baffled. Since MT4 has moved to and past build 500, some (actually most) of my older indicators from different systems from the past will not work. I can see them in the correct folders in windows explorer, I can see them in the navigator window but they will not show up in the pull down indicator list. When I pull up that specific template that uses these indicators, it pulls up nothing. There is an extra text file in the same folder with the indicators that says "2;228;;;using of decompiled source code is prohibited".

I am not very technical and perhaps this could have been already addressed in this forum but I don't see it. Can someone tell me 1) is anyone else having these issues? 2) if so, are there going to be any attempts to correct this in another build? 3) Or is there a workaround that someone has figured out?

There was one suggestion that I saw regarding replacing metalang file from an earlier build but that had absolutely NO effect. HELP

What part of "using of decompiled source code is prohibited" is unclear? You can not compile decompiled code any more. Get the original source code and compile it.

Decompiled code is stolen code. Either you are a thief or the receiver of stolen (intellectual) property.

Either way we will not be an accomplice after the fact to theft.

See also https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/134317

WHRoeder:

Decompiled code is stolen code. Either you are a thief or the receiver of stolen (intellectual) property.

except of legal decompilation. :-)

szgy74:
except of legal decompilation. :-)
Can you please stop arguing about that. You already developed your arguments, and if you continue you will be considered as promoting code theft and will be banned.
Reason: